Forums    General Discussions    Recovering from Ian.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Recovering from Ian.
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
After one week we finally got our power back on. The Preditor 3500 ran flawlessly 24/7 so we had the basics like fridge and water [cold], and the coach TV on antenna, but no computer or WiFi. Our area looks devestated but it's nothing compared to further south. Even Englewood, only about 12 miles south, is much worse. I had pulled the Barth sideways in front of the house and I really feel it helped during the strongest part of the storm. They say our winds were sustained 120mph with gusts to 150. The house didn't get any damage but the back yard will take a while to get back into shape. The Barth didn't get a scratch and Tuesday the new AC arrived so between that and the new speedometer cable I have plenty to do.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow. Knowing the front of your house, I think you were very wise to park the coach in front. Protects roof overhang from direct wind and also protects one side of the coach. Bravo! Win-win.

Our other friends from Venice had roof leakage and ceiling damage. Their condo near Mannasota beach lost the roof to a tree and inside is trashed.

Oakhaven park had 110 mph winds and about 15 inches of rain. No flooding in our park but lots of carports and screen porches went away to Kansas. We had water all along, sewers the second day and power after a week. Across the street our sister park is about half flooded. Many units wrecked. We were fortunate by comparison.

Danny, I am so glad you are ok. There is so much destruction all around, it will be years to fix it.

We will be winterizing the coach soon. Tooling Along
We should arrive about October 24.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post