Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

headliner material
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
Does anyone know where I can get the wall / ceiling panels that are in my 1991 Breakaway?
The current ones have water stains where, in the dim dark past, it leaked around the front vent. It doesn't leak now, but it is difficult to clean the fabric.

An earlier posting to this message board asked about cleaning the fabric, but got no response. Does anyone know where this material comes from? How to clean it, or where to obtain new panels?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Your can use upolstery cleaner. For mildew stains you might try TSP-tri sodium phospate with warm water. I wouldn't mix the two different cleaners though-might end up with dangerous fumes. If you have grease type stains Castrol Super Clean is very powerful. Upolstery shops might carry the fabric or may be able to order for you. Also, check with fabric stores. It looks like the fabric was glued to luan plywood on our Barth. Good Luck, Ed

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gupman.

Did you ever find a place to get your ceiling panels? If so, would you please let me know as I am wanting to replace all the panels in my unit. No water leaks, I want to change out the felt to a vinyl(foam backing) or the more updated material (white ).

I have called most of the places in Elkhart but as of yet I have had no luck.

Thanks,

Al Benton
1988 Barth Regency 40'

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Lee Merriman>
posted
try Fox rv repair Middlebury In 574 825 2553

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lee!
Hope your grandaughter is doing better. I spoke with you a couple weeks ago while I was at the Goshen Fairgrounds. We had a total of two Barth units at this ralley. Gen and Jan and myself...we stayed a week and had a great time.
Thanks for the info.

Al

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Al,
Dave posted a link recently under "links for parts". Under the "all-rite.com" link there seem to be wall and ceiling coverings. Under the Miscellaneous category, there are ceiling coverings. Under the "Paneling" category there are wall and ceiling coverings. I was going to send these folks a sample and see if they could match it. Now, I will check the source Lee suggested first.

I have a cream colored weave that is nice, but it shows stains easily. I hope one of these places can match it. Good luck with yours.

Tom

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post