Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Shower curtain and isle lights
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have a 1988 Barth Regal. I'm looking for a plastic accordian style shower curtain replacement as well as a couple of isle lights. Anyone have any idea where I can locate these ?

jack !!!

------------------
jack !!!

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a bunch Bill,
I Checked it out. We'll probably keep looking. Their curtain is not really similar to our original in color or type.

jack !!!

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Most Barths which have aisle lights the bulb is Radio Shack Part #272-1092C, give it a shot.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto

posted Hide Post
Thank you Dave,
I'll take a trip out to Radio Shack today.
jack !!!

posted Hide Post
Picture 1 is of complete aisle light. Is this the type you refer to in this note?

This one is the light dis-assembled:

Dave/Group, do you see the new bulb laying next to assembly... Ok, the center part (plastic) of the existing light is full of wax of some sort and I need to know how to remove the bulb and replace the new ones.

Since this is my first shot at posting pictures I sure hope this works.

HEY HEY HEY . ITS EASY WHEN IT WORKS
Al

[This message has been edited by Al Benton (edited October 06, 2003).]

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Al, This is exactly the problem I wrote about in a post several weeks ago. I didn't get much help, but I can now help you. I went to Radio Shack and purchased several 12 volt 50 milliamp lights (much like the ones in your picture but with shorter, heavier leads). I then carefully pulled the white plastic tube from the frame. I didn't remove the frame as the plastic piece snaps easily back in when the repair is made. I sniped the wire off close to the back of the the plastic and using a utility knife slit one half of the back of the plastic. the old light is encapsulated in clear silicone which I peeled out along with the old lamp. using a fine ice pick, I burrowed straight into the end of the remaining cable and inserted the two wires on the end of the new bulb. I took a 6 lb test momofilament fishing line and wrapped it tightly around the insulation of the electric wire to secure the inserted wire. Before putting the bulb back into the white plastic cover, I switched on the power to make sure the light worked and then pushed the bulb and a small amount of wire into the back of the white plastic cover and then pushed the cover back into the small metal frame. They work perfectly and it will be easy to replace the bulb should one fail in the future. On our last camp out, I left them on all night and had no problems. The hardest part of this job is laying on the floor to do the work.

------------------
William B. Goodwin

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill. I will give this a try tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.
Thanks again for the help...I studied this thing for several hours and even went to the extreme of heating the tip of an icepick.

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Al,
Dig the wax out along with the old micro bulb the solder the contacts of the bulb onto the 12 volt wire. That's as far as I've gotten. Probably will refill it with clear silicone sealer.

jack and daiva
1988 31ft barth regal