Forums    General Discussions    I don't mean to start a fight here...
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I don't mean to start a fight here...
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
Is there anyone here that has experience with both Spartan and Gillig chassis, and has a preference (other than parts availability with a Spartan)?

I don't have experience with the Gillig chassis, and want to know which was 'better', and why?

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
No idea which is better, But the Gillig chassis was $5,000 more expensive than the Spartan according to Barth's suggested list prices.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
I think all the gillig chassis comes with the cat engines and the spartan chassis comes with the cummins. And the Gillig chassis was a true bus chassis. And Gillig factory has about any part you wish to get for their chassis. It seems also the Gillig chassis has a higher GVW. I have noticed that most of the Gillig Chassis has a 29,640 lb chassis for the 32 to 34 ft mhs while most of the Spartan Chassis has about 26,000 lbs chassis for the 32 to 34 mhs. I see the outback that is for sale has a 37,000 lb gillig chassis and Garyp has a 37,000 lb Spartan chassis. Please correct me if I am wrong.
sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post