Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Motorhome for Tailgating
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Boonton Jim
posted
I was searching online ads for a motorhome to be used as a tailgating rig. I came across an ad for a 22' Barth Regal with a GM diesel and an Onan generator. I was originally looking for an older class C but most ones in my price range seem seem to have water damage and rot problems. I came across this site and would appreciate any comments as I had never before heard of Barth.

Posts: 59 | Location: Boonton, NJ | Member Since: 09-26-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jim. I think if you spend any amount of time reading through various posts here on Barthmobile, you will find not only a wealth of knowledge and data unavailable anywhere else; you will also find a group of people who are quite passionate about this marque. Quality of original build seems first and foremost to the general mystique of Barth, but many other aspects are to be found as well. There is even a 'Coaches Sold' forum for helping to define market value on used Barths... and this may be of particular assistance to you at this juncture.

One thing that is peculiar. I'm not sure that diesel engines were put in the smaller units, but I may be wrong about that.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
6.2 Chevy diesel non turbo. Add a turbo and you have a pretty sweet ride.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Our 28' Regal was designed for the original owner to be a tailgater. It has no formal bedroom and seats 14. With the fridge, ice maker, blender and tv on the inverter it would handle all your party needs. Not sure how many others like it you will find but a lot of smaller 22' and 24' have similar floorplans with no bedroom and multiple seating.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post