Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Proposal: East Coast Barth GTG...
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Proposal: East Coast Barth GTG...
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
I was thinking (which is much more frequent than "doing") that while the Wales, MA GTG in August is a bit far (~1140 miles) for me, as well as the other FL Barthers, but a mid-Atlantic (VA-NC-SC-GA) would possibly be doable for those in the Sunny South as well as those in the Great White North. Comments?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
Pick the date and time, anywhere in the southeast and we will be there.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Great! Hopefully, some of the Barthers from the Top of the World will chime in with acquiescence...I'm thinking Fall '08 would be a good time (although I do have a few Star Parties to attend in the autumn).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I would be very interested in a get together in the area that was mentioned.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
We are supposed to be in KY in October. We would attempt to make the trip on over to somewhere is dates work out. After that we would probably head back to AZ to hole up for the winter.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Report This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
How about the Nashville, TN or Asheville, NC areas sometime late September. Still pretty weather, maybe some foliage, pretty central area for a lot of us.
Nick

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Either place would be fine by me; I have the Peach State Star Gaze (where I met Nick last year) for which I leave Friday 9/26.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Count me in also. I live in weestern NC about 45 miles from the Great Smkey Mtn. National Park and about 110 from Ashville andabout 45 miles from Cherokee. Remember now, during the leaf season especially in October reservations are a must. If I may be of any assistance in helping to put this together, I will.
I am in the Barth now at Fort Wilderness Campground.
Happy motoring.
sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Talledega is Oct.3-5 so Suzie and I have to work around that or work it in. My first thought was to enquire if it's even feasible to think about the Outer Banks. I know nothing about that area other than we've always wanted to go there. The three priorities would be prices, prices, and availability. Oh yeah, and prices.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It's been years since I've been there, but the resort activity tends to power down after Labor Day, which would make space more likely available.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I like the outer banks and could go for that location. Another suggestion I have received is Cherokee, NC. There is a huge KOA there and it would be a lot for people to do. For myself, I would try to get in a round of golf.

Rusty, you have the star party in September. Would you want to do something before or after. Would you try to go back home in between?

Danny Z., you have Talladega first of October. Same Question, would you like to do something before or after. Would you try to go home in between?

Donna and I are probably the most flexible. I will try to make the calls to the resorts and get some dates and prices. What do you guys think we could hope for attendance. Think we could get 10 coaches? Let me know what you think and I'll start making calls.
Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
We and our Barth have not been to the East Coast yet, summers months thru October are fairly committed to the ORR (open Road Race) schedule but after that??? We are watching for a Barth get-together that might fit. We might be able to fit something in between races.

We will try to plan it if it fits!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rusty, you have the star party in September. Would you want to do something before or after. Would you try to go back home in between?

Nick

I could do it either way; the Peach State would be convenient to jumping onto I-20 and heading east. Fortunately, I could stay there until time to leave for the GTG. The Outer Banks would be fine by me, or even something further west, like Cherokee (but all those mountain places will start filling up for the autumn leaves that time of year).

It would seem we could expect at least 5 coaches.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The way this year is shaping up we'll probably be hard pressed to make it. [I don't buy Lotto tickets]. We will be in Augusta, Georgia in July for the drag boat races with Deb&Ed. Here's a nice pic of Rusty's fine coach that I forgot to post after the Fl. GTG.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photo, Danny; IIRC, it was around 78°F. Less than two weeks later, I took the photo in my avatar - at 8°F, wind chill -2°F...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke