Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Proposal: East Coast Barth GTG...
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Proposal: East Coast Barth GTG...
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Sky, Thanks for the scouting trip. Donna and I can do any on the ones mentioned. I don't mind the $45.00 price range to get to meet other Barthers. For a three night stay the cost difference is small.
We can do Asheville as well. How soon do you think we have to make a commitment? We are ready as soon as a site is picked. The more lead time we have will be better for everyone. I guess we just have to decide will we have more people want to gamble or visit Biltmore.
Thanks again,
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
OK gang do you all want to gamble or visit the Biltmore House or Mt. Mitchell, highest point east of the Mississippi, and Grandfather Mountain and the Blueridge Parkway?
The other place is called Campfire Lodging, about 10 miles out of Asheville. This was on RVTV last week and looks to be a very nice campground. It is on top of a mountain and looks to have some great views of the mountains.

sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Great job, Ray!

Campfire Lodgings only seems to have only 17 sites.

Any one is fine by me, as I have no schedule to keep. Since Mary Ray and Danny Z would come from the west/south, and also have schedules, I'm thinking maybe something a bit more south and west would ease their travel time.

Peace Valley is also interesting, but like Creekside, is right on the highway, but I've never stayed there, so it may be shielded. Actually, Creekside isn't at all bad, but Whispering Pines, in addition to the hairpin turn, doesn't have many large spaces.

There are also a couple in the Blairsville/Hiawassee area: River Bend Campground and Lake Nottely RV Park (probably should be Nottely Canyon due to the drought).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Anne and I stayed at Racoon Mountain Campground outside Chattanooga last labor day weekend and it was fine. There are resturants right outside and close to Chattanooga. Rusty, Danny, Nick, Mary and Humjob what do you all think about that area, it is off I 24 and easy to get to from every direction and in the rates are reasonable. In
Chattanooga you have Rock City, The Tennessee aquirum, Tn Railroad Museuem, Battlefield and etc. What are your thoughts on this one? sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm just too easy. Chattanooga is fine with me. We have not been to Chattanooga, so Donna votes for going there. It should be an easier location for everyone.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
You choose and I will make it if I can. Being retired and only working part time makes it easy to change my schedule to suit my camping. The only thing that hampers me is the dates. Anytime before the last of the month and the 10th of the next month are bad for me. I enter all the invoices that are to be paid and we pay them on the 10th. My determination may overide the difficulties lol

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
At this stage it went from an idea to an actual event - this topic is now closed - read up on the event at this link.

September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post