Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Northwest Barth Rallies?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Northwest Barth Rallies?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of beeoh
posted
How do I find out if there are any Barth rallies in the Pacific northwest coming up? We live on Vancouver Island and would be interested in attending something on the west coast.

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Bob and Jan,
How about us hooking up with "Olroy" and whom ever else is in the area and meeting at the HO Rain Forrest, That's a nice "in between" place? Our email should be available on this site...
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Contact Lee & Shirley Merriman thier e-mail address: smmerriman@aol.com, they can fill you in. They are great folks!

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
It is doubtful the Barth Rangers would schedule a rally in the Northwest. Their annual West Coast Rally will be in Quartzsite, Arizona next month.

I don't know how many of us in the Northwest are Barth Rangers beside myself, and family health problems preclude me from getting to Quartzsite this year.

There is nothing wrong with a group of Barthers getting together informally, and I know of 4 in Washington State who communicate regularly on Barthmobile.com, plus one in Idaho, and one in B.C. I'm sure there are others we don't hear from.

Grizzly Giant in North Idaho suggested a Northwest Rally a little over a year ago. Several people responded, but it didn't get off the ground.

Putting on a rally is a lot of work, even if it just involves making reservations, and of course there's always the problem of getting everyone to agree on where and when. There are a lot of lovely places in the Pacific Northwest, some urban, some really out in the boondocks.

The aforesaid family health problems preclude me from volunteering to pick up the ball, but maybe later. I like the idea of a NW rally, formal or not.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear we're not alone up here in the NW. Maybe we will hear from others interested in a NW get-to-gether as we too can't make it to Quartsite.

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob, If you try to put something together up here we would be interested in attending as well. It looks like we are on our own up here in Gods Country
Brad & Melissa
Langley, BC
1977 29' Class "EH"

------------------
1977 29' CLASS EH!

Posts: 27 | Location: Langley. BC | Member Since: 09-28-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interest also in a meeting other Barth owners in the area.

Posts: 30 | Location: Renton, Wa. USA | Member Since: 08-16-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
With all the nw barth owners coming out of the woodwork (lets hear from more) it could be time for a rally in our area. lets talk about ideas for when and where (spring/summer 2006) if we can get organized should be able to pull it off. bob

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

posted Hide Post
Yes, a Northwest Rally would be great. Seems like someplace in southern-central Washington would be the most central. I know northern Idaho but not Washington.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out Jeffrey's Silverline Resort on Pearrygin Lake just out of Winthrop as a possible rally site. We were there the summer of 04 and liked it a alot, would go there again.....not crowded at the time like the state park and the other rv park on the lake. lots of grass, nice view, deer in the area, not far from town which is western themed and does get crowded on 3 day weekends. They have a web site which i haven't looked at yet at JeffreysSilverline.com. Guess i will take a quick look at it now.

[This message has been edited by Shadow man (edited December 25, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Shadow man (edited December 25, 2005).]

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
Hopefully somebody in the Wash/Oregon State area can run with this as we are stuck on an island and don't get out much. I think the idea of a rally in the nw is great and with just a bit of organizing should be happening. bob and jan orr

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

posted Hide Post
I have been in contact with a fellow Barth owner by the name of Dale in northern Idaho who owns a RV park and is interested in having a get together there this summer. Hopefully he will post here and you can all get in contact with him.

------------------
1977 29' CLASS EH!

Posts: 27 | Location: Langley. BC | Member Since: 09-28-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FUNKYWAY:
I have been in contact with a fellow Barth owner by the name of Dale in northern Idaho who owns a RV park and is interested in having a get together there this summer. Hopefully he will post here and you can all get in contact with him.

He sent me a PM also. He is the manager of a small park in Bonners Ferry. I don't know about his park but Bonners Ferry is a pretty place just souh of the border. I told him to post here but so far ???? Sorry but I erased his address.

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Twin Rivers Canyon Resort, 888-258-5952.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello fellow Barthers, Dale here. I contacted a few people about general interest in trying to get some type of get together started for people who can't or don't want to drive all the way to Arizona.
The park is located in Bonners Ferry Idaho.
The Twin Rivers park is located in a town called Moyie Springs, about 10 or so miles farther up the highway. I will post a new topic about "possible spring/summer in Idaho"
after I finish this reply. I am the manager here, but do not own the park. There are also a few reasons why I think it would be better to have it here. Not just because I manage this park, but location,accessibility,
nearby services, and of course, the genuine love of the Barth motorcoach. I will put all other details in the post, and will continue to update changes and other information. Including pictures of park and such. So, thank you and check out the possibilities.
Dale-FLMTMR23@aol.com

Posts: 19 | Location: Bonners Ferry, Idaho, U.S.A. | Member Since: 12-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post