Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    The Non-Fishing Fishing GTG 5/4-5/13
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Non-Fishing Fishing GTG 5/4-5/13
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Tom Johns and I arrived at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore campground Thursday 5/2; Stinky Daddy and Sherrie came in Friday, for the planned Saturday fish harvest.

Captain Jessie of Bi-Op-Sea had called and suggested postponing until Sunday due to winds of 20-25 kts. While NOAA predictions Thursday indicated moderation by Sunday, by Saturday, the predictions were back up, so the trip was converted into a mini-GTG - always a hoot with Tom, Bill and Sherrie. Bill's cousin Charlie and Gina came in also, and were fun, too. Fortunately, the supply of adult beverages held up...Big Grin

We all left this morning; I'm at Bass Lake RV park just south of the NC/SC line, on my way to UBRVRAPE II.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
HEY!!! I could have gone on a Non-fishing Fishing trip. Mad

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Or y'all could have went to hunt "dry land fish" instead.

For all flatlanders who do not know the precious dry land fish, I sure thought my neighbor lost something yesterday as he was looking around the bottom of a tree in the field across my yard. As he constantly looses things from his work truck I offered my metaldetector. He waivedcand told me he was looking for dry land fish. Thinking he either had one beverage too many or my hearing was off, I wished him luck. Found out "dry land fish" is Appalachian for morels (a mushroom). ROTFLMAO

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If you ever find a fish that tastes as good as a fresh morel mushroom, We want to know.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We had a great time with Rusty and Tom.
Here's a little video from the top of the dune behind our Barth.
Barth mini GTG at Oregon Inlet Campground

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You can hear the wind - and it actually did moderate Sunday - we probably could have gone out. Tom left around 6AM, so his coach isn't in the image.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We stopped by the marina on the way out Sunday and none of the boats went out.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Probably because the moderation wasn't predicted - when I crossed Albermarle Sound and Alligator River, the seas were barely aggitated (Maybe Beaufort 10-11).

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The bridge from near the RV park at Hatteras Nat'l Seashore across Oregon Inlet to Hatteras Island is critically in need of repair, here.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
As of yesterday the bridge was closed. Ray

NC DOT

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Kevin, we were there for 2 weeks 2 to 3 years ago and from Hatteras Island to Ocracoke south, there were a lot of motor homes going on the ferrys. I did not put mine on the ferry because I did see one dragging on departure from the ferry because the tide was out.really like the area, because you can drive on beach for miles and not see anything. Just be careful not to get stuck in sand! Ray

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post