Tools
Reply To This Topic

4th New England GTG 8/6/2010
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
So far I've got 4 coaches listed as attending.

Don and Patty from Niagara
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
Dick and Nancy Muise
Rusty

The year I attended there was just 4 coaches there too and I had a good time with great company.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just the 3 of us going? Hopefully the Nobles can make it, too.

It doesn't look like Cheri and I will be there this year. Too many responsibilities this year in getting the house on the market. If we're still in New England next year, we will make it a priority.

Hey Rusty, if you find yourself passing through Bradford, NH we can put you up and catch up!! We have some really cool stars here to look at too Roll Eyes

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Headed up to Savoy, MA after the GTG, for a star party.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Barth Blues Mobile said he will show up as I have a window for his coach.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Barth Blues Mobile said he will show up as I have a window for his coach.

Richard speaks the truth! Now I just have to follow through. The BluesMobile just got some new windshields. A new inspection sticker is on the windshield with a big red R, meaning "reject". I'll have to see what the mechanic found and if we can get this resolved in the next few days.
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 524 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Hope you can make it; I'll be there tomorrow.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Don and Patty have cancelled today , according to the front desk. Since they would have been on the road, hopefully they've not had difficulties.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
We had to visit our docter today. Patty has a very raw sore throat, sinus congestion and headache and is now on amoxicillin and tylenol. The doc took a swab for a strep test and she is going to be down for a few days.
We were really looking forward to this gtg. Last year it was just a great time with great people and a wonderful locale.
We are so sorry to have to cancel but these things happen I guess.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, Patty, get well soon!

We'll miss you both, but recovery is more important.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty,
I am feeling better today. The medication the doctor gave me really helped. Wish we could be with you and the gang at the rally. We had such a wonderful time last year and hope all of you are enjoying your time together. Hopefully, next year our paths will cross.
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mysterious travellers from NH/ME arrived (Eric and Diane Herrle) arrived today as a surprise. Barth Bluemobile is planning to arrive tomorrow; although the Herrles are leaving on the non, we may have 5 coaches at one time.

We had a nice session around the campfire (courtesy of Bill G's firewood) tonight. Temps moderated, and are this evening in the mid-60°s; beautiful weather!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Matt (Barthbluesmobile) came today to pick up a spare window Dick Muise had, but in his car; it was great to meet another Barther. Tonight featured a great dinner of lasagna, Italian meatballs, squash casserole, and two salads. And, of course, adult beverages.

This GTG would have featured 6 coaches if the Herrles could have stayed longer, Don in Niagra if Patty hadn't taken ill, and Barthbluesmobile if his coach had gotten a Mass inspection pass.

We bandied about where and when to have the NE GTG 2011, and one suggestion was the Fryeburg (ME) Fair, which is generally the first week in OCT.

BillG will have more later.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi Barthmobilers,

We just returned from another New England GTG. It was attended by Dick and Nancy Muise, Rusty, Bill and Georgene Goodwin and surprise guests Eric and Diane Herrle. Matt Rearwin (Barth Bluesmobile) made a Saturday afternoon appearance to pick up a window from Dick Muise and joined us for dinner. We missed our friends Don and Patty Leaming (Don in Niagra). Patty became ill which caused them to stay home. From Patty's recent post, she says she is now feeling better. I am happy to hear that and hope next year we will see them.

Camera problems kept me from taking more pic's. Here are the Barth's that showed up.

, ,

The farthest Barth in the pic's is the Herrle's then Rusty's and then the Muise's; the single coach is the Goodwin's.

I'm sorry I was unable to get more pictures.

We had spectacular weather and the company was great. Really good food and campfires both Friday and Saturday nights.

I am going to try something new for next year and will post a poll a bit later to see where the most interest is. that's all for now.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great to see pictures of a great time that we had to miss!
Keep us posted on anything that is going to happen for the next one.
We caught a flight to Phoenix to visit the kids and new grandson and returned the weekend before the NE gtg. We have wondered about the likelyhood of Patty catching that bug from the recirculated air on the return flight?
Cheers
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Any plans for a 5th GTG in '11?

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke