Reply To This Topic

Northeast Barth get together
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted
Hi everyone,

I started a new thread to simplify the viewing and to set-up this year's North East Barth Get-together.

I confirmed plans today for an August 3, 4, 5, get-together. It will be at the Oak Haven Campground (Wales, MA) near Sturbridge, MA.

Here is their web address: http://www.oakhavencampground.com/

Here is their address:
Oak Haven Family Campground
P.O. Box 166
22 Main Street
Wales, Massachusetts 01081
(413) 245-7148 / Fax: (413) 245-4656

I have reserved their small safari field. Water and electric for each coach will be available and I will likely put up a tent (18 X 30) so we will be able to have a cook-out and be together. We can also get out of any foul weather that may happen.

The safari field is booked for Friday, 8/3 and Saturday, 8/5, with check out by 2:00 on Sunday. If you are a Good Sam or FMCA member the cost will be $57.60 for the two nights, otherwise, it is $64.00 for the two nights.

Please call and book for yourself, just tell them you are with the Barthmobile group in the small safari field. Booking must be made by May 1st or we will have to give up the safari field.

The Oak Haven campground is between route I84 (exit 70) in Connecticut, and route I90 (Mass Pike exit 8) in Massachusetts. I think it is about fifteen minutes from either exit.

There are numerous area attractions, with Old Sturbridge Village being one of them.

As plans come together, we can possibly plan a pot luck meal for Saturday evening. If you are planning to attend, add your suggestions as to what we could do.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
At this point it appears (how's that for vague?) we'll be in New Angleland this summer, and we'll attend if so; we'll commit before 1 May. (If nobody signs up we'll potluck in your driveway)

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The Pennsylvania Pocono 500 is that weekend.

Frowner Sorry, I will be at the racetrack from 8/2 - 8/6 and will be unable to attend.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like I'll be making a few trips up that way this year. My daughter is moving to Springfield, Mass for a few months (co-op position). We plan to be there for the camp-out.

’84 Barth Regal 25 ‘
w/ “FRED” FRont End Diesel
Chevy 6.2 L diesel

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, go to the campground website. Look at the picture of the RV on the right, top. Is that a GMC or a Barth with the "Euro" front end? Danny? Thoughts/ comments?

’84 Barth Regal 25 ‘
Chevy 6.2 L diesel

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
They may have swapped the photos around, but the one on the top left looks like an Allegro mid-'80s vintage.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that it is a Holiday Rambler Imperial from the late 80's.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm planning on making my reservations this week for the August get-together.
How many have done ( or planning to do it ) so far?
May 1st is fast approaching!

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge Real, I am the only one who is officially registered.

Bill G

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
I will be there, wife and two boys in tow.
I have not registered yet.
thanks for getting this set up!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 524 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nope, not a Barth of any kind, but to show how looks can be decieving, I waited at a stop sign for the coach behind me to catch up, only to find it was a "Freedomship??" Good looking, all the right lines, but not a Barth.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
We would like to be there, but beings we have not taken delivery on our Barth yet, we do not want to commit until we have. Hopefully, by this time next week it will be a done deal. Its looking more positive each day......but it ain't over until the Breakaway is in our driveway and the title is in my hand!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Okay, just a request for update information. Is this event still going to happen?
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Bruce and Kathleen,

I'll definitely be there, but it now looks as thought there will be three of us if you show up.

You should make you reservations with the campground directly. Just tell them you are with the Barthmobile group.

This will be a good opportunity to learn more about your new Barth.

Bill G

posted Hide Post
Well, we had planned on coming up for the get together. However, we will not be able to attend. I really hope that this get together happens, even if it’s only three coaches. Once somebody makes it real, others will follow.

What changed? Well, we recently made the drive from KY to Springfield, Mass. It’s about 17 hours in a car. Given our current commitments, we do not have time in our schedule for this trip.

’84 Barth Regal 25 ‘
Chevy 6.2 L diesel