Reply To This Topic

Northeast Barth get together
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dan,

If all goes well, I'll attempt this Barth get together again next year, maybe we'll build some momentum and get a few more folks to join in the fun.

I plan on taking pictures and posting them when I return home. Keep your eyes on the website.

Since I am retiring in October, there may be a chance I'll get down your way next winter.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Maybe we could work on a FL get-together in what in Florida passes for winter, as there a lot of Barth owners (and former Barthers) here in the Sunshine State, and nearby...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Well, our New England Barth Rally is coming soon. There will be six Barths there. Since we are there for the weekend, planning a side trip might be pushing things, however, I would like to plan a couple of events where we come together as a group. Eating and drinking usually works in most of the gatherings I've been to in the past.

I think that for Friday evening, since that is the day we all arrive, we should keep it simple. We have a nice group fire pit in our safari field, so how about a campfire with your beverage of choice and some light snacks? I'll provide a starter set-up with cheese crackers and pepperoni along with a couple of bottles of red and white wine. I will also provide paper plates, napkins, cups, etc. Others can contribute if they wish.

On Saturday evening, I propose a pot-luck meal where we can sample various foods and each other's company. Again, I'll provide the plates, utensiles, cups, napkins, etc. along with a main dish, a large salad (enough for everyone), rolls and a dessert. If the rest of you would provide another main dish and a small dessert, we should have plenty to share.

I think that there will be about fifteen folks in the group. I'll be there as early as the campground will let me in on Friday so that I can make sure that our section of the safari field is ready.

Those of you who will be attending can contact me personally by emailing me at wgood1209@verizon.net with questions or comments. I want this to be a good time for all and am not the best organizer, so your help and advice are welcome.

I will bring sufficient firewood for the Friday and Saturday campfires.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all those Barths.

Bill and Georgene Goodwin

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Bill & Georgene, It does my heart good to see an idea go from conception to reality, and we know it takes a lot more work than most folks realize. Good luck with the get-together, and don't forget the pix so we all can see the fun. Rusty brings up a good idea for us southern folk, and those who will be down this way next winter. I'll start a thread called Florida get-together and see if we can have as much success as you guys did with this one.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I made my reservation this morning for the NE GTG. If all goes well, I'll be there. Looking forward to this event.
Jack and his dog Zack.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Jack,

We should have six coaches for the get together. That's a good start for for this rare breed of motorhome.

Bill G

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I am posting this on the forum so all that will be attending can read it. I think your idea for Friday and Saturday nights is great. As we have e-mailed each other, we are going to make the salad for Saturday night and provide corn (the best you ate), all fresh from the Jersey farms. If anyone attending has a veggie that they would like us to bring, post it here and we'll do our best. If Jersey grows it, we can bring it! We are also trying to get an idea of what type of foods might be served Saturday night to get a feel of what main dish we will provide. So if you are attending and want to let the cat out of the bag of what you are bringing for Saturday night, post it here.
Thanks, Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi there:
Just an FYI our main dish is Texas Hash. It consists of hamburger, lots of onions, peppers,
canned tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and rice and is baked. We are bringing some type of dessert for Sat. nite also along with rolls/butter.
Cheese, pepperoni and crackers are for Friday nite along with 2 magnums of red wine and 1 white wine.

Bill G.

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
We had some hard rain and thunderstorms this past weekend in Massachusetts. I am taking this to mean that Mother Nature is getting this out of her system so we have a nice weekend coming up!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Well, because we do not travel with a laptop I am sending this message out this afternoon. We are looking forward to the trip north for the gathering. Hope to be there by 7:00. Hope the weather holds out for a nice weekend!!! Looking forward to meeting all that make it. We are bringing some goodies for Friday night and lots of stuff for Saturday..... See you all tomorrow.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm mostly packed and anxious to get to the Barth get-together.

I'll be there early to see that all the sites are ready and be there to greet everyone as they arrive. We have six coaches coming, five will arrive on Friday, and the sixth on Saturday. Dick and Nancy Muise will be coming in from Cape Cod on Saturday.

The weather looks like it will be great. There is a cool front coming in Friday eveing to push out this high humidity. Saturday and Sunday should be in the 80's and dry. Mr. Barth must have had a word with our maker and arranged this weather - perfect.

I'll be keeping a photo record of this event and will post next week.

Viva La Barth

Bill G