Reply To This Topic

Northeast Barth get together
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Sorry, we'll miss you. I just drove back from the Outer Banks in NC. We were two days down and two days back.

If there is a next time for you to visit Springfield, MA, contact me and we could get together for a visit. I live in West Springfield, MA (just over the river).

I have space for you in my driveway with electric and water hook-up. There is also a dump to sewer in the yard. Give me some notice as I will need to move my coach, which is not a big deal.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Reservation made....

If any other attendees have photo albums of their trips around the US, I'd love to have you bring them!

Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
The Republic of Texas will be represented: we're in.
Mr. & Mrs. Gunner

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Canada will be represented.
I just made our reservations for the weekend of 08.03 at Oak Haven.
So that's one more Barth showing up.

See you there!

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I just returned from a camp out with our local RV club at the Oak Haven campground. It was really nice and the small safari field is well laid out, not just an afterthought like many safari fields I have been to. There is good 30 amp service and water, but no sewer.

We are starting to pick up in attendance and am optimistic that this wil be a special event.

Remember, if you will be attending, you must call the campground and register for the the weekend.

The plans are for an August 3, 4, 5, get-together. It will be at the Oak Haven Campground (Wales, MA) near Sturbridge, MA.

Here is their web address: http://www.oakhavencampground.com/

I hope more Barths and friends of Barth can attend.

I'll post with more details soon.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G:
I hope more Barths and friends of Barth can attend.
I can usually be in two places at once - I've never tried the 2 states at once. Big Grin

Anyway, I hope this goes off and everyone has a good time. It's a shame, I'm just sorry I can not make it.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm considering the get-together with a trip to Stellafane that following week (August 9-12). More later as plans unfold...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Well summer is now on full swing and I'm sure we have all been giving our Barths a workout.

I contactacted the Oak Haven campgroung to formally find out how many have signed up. We have four so far: the Goodwin's, the Bigger's, the Lalonde's and the Rearwin's.

I hope that a few others can make it to round out the get together. Either way, this will be a good time and possibly a begining of a regular Barth get together.

Would each of you who have signed up email me at wgood1209@verizon.net and I'll set up a line of communication to help us prepare for the weekend in August.

There is still room in the safari field, but because this is a busy time and another club with fourty coaches is also coming, the campground will overflow them to unused spots in our area.

Just a reminder. This safari field has a 30 amp hook-up and water for each of us and the layout is quite nice for a safari field.

Bill Goodwin

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Bill
We would love to be able to make it to your rally in our new to us 90 Regency but our daughter's wedding day is Aug 4.
Here at our house.
Hope there is one next year!
Don & Pat Leaming

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Talked it over with my wife and we should be calling by this weekend to register. Beings I'm new at this, I am not famaliar with the "Safari Field" set up. Would someone fill me in? Also, for those who have been there, is there a dump station at the campground?
Thanks, Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Bruce and Kathleen,

This is a nice campground. The field is small and centrally located, there is 30 amp electricity and water at each location around the perimiter of the field. Safari fields are not actually individual campsites, rather an open area where groups can gather and park together.

The camground does have a dump station.

Bill G

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Bill G, the RV on the left has the definite lines of a Holiday Rambler. The RV on the right must be a Winnebago since it is being towed. Ha! Another Bill G.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Add another Barth to the gathering....we are now confirmed with the campground to attend. So, New Jersey (don't hold it against me and I think we may be considered a foreign nation-LOL) will be represented!
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Things are looking good for the campout. We have a group of five attending so far. The campground will be filling the unused slots in the safari field after July 20th. If you are planning on coming, please call the Oak Haven Campground and make your reservation soon (413-245-7148).

On another note, would someone from the Rearwin family please contact me. This is regarding your reservation at the campground (wgood1209@verizon.net). Thank you,

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Bill and Georgine, Congratulations on putting this together and getting a pretty fair group of Barth owners to sign up. We can't make it that far north this year but we hope somebody takes a bunch of pix and lets us see what we missed. Have a blast!!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post