Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Ranger Rally
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
We are going to try and make the Ranger Quartzsite Rally January 22-27th. Anybody else from Barhmobile.com going to be there?
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I still have it on my calender BUT, I just got my shipment of 500 LED assemblies in from China and all the sheet metal that I need for a project I am working on and probably will have to take a pass, would really like to go. Last count was 12 coaches but don't know how many Barths.

If you don't have directions to the area where the Barth Rangers will be, email and I will send back by return.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed, that would be helpful. We talked to the lady who is rally convenor and she said they were up to 18.
Would love to meet you, so we hope you can squeeze it in.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
We are going to try and make the Ranger Quartzsite Rally January 22-27th. Anybody else from Barhmobile.com going to be there?
Don and Patty

We will be heading out tomorrow for a week in Blythe and a month or so in AZ, and will stop in.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geesh I really better take a good look at my schedule to try to make it, would be great to meet more Barth(ers)! I will try but still not sure yet.

Bill, what days might you be there, If I can make it I will not be able to stay long but would like to meet you and others.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:

Bill, what days might you be there, If I can make it I will not be able to stay long but would like to meet you and others.

We will be in Blythe at the Bluegrass festival which ends Sunday. Monday is likely to be a straggle and bumble day, ending up at Plomosa on Tuesday or so. We will stay there for a while, perhaps a month, so stop on by.

Here is a link to the Barth Rangers site: http://www.barthrangers.org/BarthWebMembershipApplication.htm

We are usually at the end of the rainbow:

But if there is no rainbow, call for exact GPS coordinates.

Due to lousy internet service and a hateful laptop, we will not be online much, if at all, but our cell number is the same, or Bill NY has it, so we can connect with anyone in the area. Last year, we missed several Barthers in the weeks after the rally. The ranger and camp hosts told me about them asking, and, going into town for a new awning, we even passed a Barth on the road that was waving wildly, (perhaps just delighted to see another Barth). We slowed down to see what would happen, but they displayed no brake lights, so we didn't meet.

And, there is even one Barth owner out there every year who is not interested in other Barthers.

Free Peppermint Patties or Coconut Mojitos, depending on TOD and weather.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, do you know if Sprint or ATT cell phone service is available there at Quartzsite?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Bill, do you know if Sprint or ATT cell phone service is available there at Quartzsite?

ATT was available, but spotty last year. My old Brick worked great, but that doesn't count.

Don't know about Sprint.

Verizon best for voice, but internet spotty, slow and kicked off a lot.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Sprint is there with a good signal. Able to surf the net on sprint with no trouble but you may have to move as it not everywhere in the desert.

We are on a cruise out of LA the 19th to the 26th, but may drive up from Yuma on the 27th if I can get Marleen to go. Like to do the tent and then will try and do the Barth Rangers.

If anyone is going to be in Yuma, please stop by. Starting the transmission change over the week of the 28th.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Gary, we use Sprint for our traveling wireless internet.

It is looking more and more like I will not be able to make it but still have it on my calender.

My first race event is in Texas in April 23-26 and I have a ton of stuff to make before then, maybe we will swing thru Yuma on the way there.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

posted Hide Post
Have fun at Quartzite, unfortunately I will not make it, I am stuck in rainy No CA trying to get a major project finished. Hope someone can take a lot of pictures!!

Maybe next year!

~{:+(

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater