Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2014
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Now that the Millford super GTG is in the books and everyone knows what a great time is had at these, it's time to announce the Hillsborough River State Park Barth GTG. The dates are December 5 through 7, but of course you can come and go at your leasure. My only request for this year is to keep it a tad more contained around our usual sites. We had some non Barth people in our midst due to cancellations etc. and they took a dim view of our "club" atmosphere. Not to worry, nothing we couldn't handle. I'll post more info when I have the time, but this is just to give everybody time to mark their calendars. Reservations are made through Reserve America,not through me or the park or the site, but it's pretty easy. Hope to see a bunch of you in Tampa this December!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
After the grief we got from that woman from Michigan I'm not sure other Michigan folks are welcome... nono Heck she chewed me out and I was already in bed before anything happened! confusion
I had a great time, I still don't know what she was whining about, I slept through the whole thing.

We should definitely go back! Thumbs Up cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to make your reservations. http://www.reserveamerica.com/...=FL&parkId=281037#sr The GTG will be officially Friday the 5th to Sunday the 7th, but feel free to come early and stay late. Hillsborough is a beautiful State Park. Things to do include canoeing, bike riding, great hiking trails, a tram to the old fort, or just sitting watching the river flow by. Most all of our regular sites are available at this time, but the sites adjoining ours [31 and down] are taken, so we may have another group there. Let's try to keep 32 through 43 in our group. Suzy and I will have 36, 37 is tent only and we've reserved it in the past for campfire central. Doug and Jan like 43,and 42 is nice and close to the dining hall. The only planned activity is Saturday night at the dining hall, potluck style feast and voluntary gift exchange, with our own unique rules of course. Those who have been know what kind of GTG this is, and any new folks will find it fun, relaxing, and a great way to meet new friends. When you sign up with RA let us know so we can start putting the map together.
Hope to see a bunch of you there.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm booked for my usual (Site 35) Weds 12/3-Mon 12/8.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We're in 39 Thursday thru Sunday.
Looking forward to it already.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

Booked 78 again 4th to 8th. Can also do 37 to get the discount.

Ed & Deb

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Let's make sure we have 38 before we take 37, or we'll wind up like last year. Sites 33 and 38 are priority.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
OK

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just getting this back up for everyone to see.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny
Changed our reservation from 78 to 38 to lock us in. Will also get 37 but we need to put a tent or something on it this time as they complained about it to me for not having anything on it last year.

Anybody coming have a tent?

ED.

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just made my reservation for 36. 33 is still available. Still looking for a tent camper for 37. The RA site was working a little funny but it might have been my computer.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still looking for a tent camper for 37.

Danny,
I just tried to book #37 for 12/5,6&7/14; its already booked. Confused

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I have reserved the Richard Petty Suite again.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Dick Dubbs DO you still have the euro? are you taking it to the GTG?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dick Dubbs DO you still have the euro? are you taking it to the GTG?

richard,

I still have the Euro, I have been able to do very little to it and it looks like I'll have to give up on the idea. No I will not be bringing it to the GTG although I hope that I will be able to stop by for a visit.
I am on the verge of contacting Doug, he had asked me to let him know if I were to part with it.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post