Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Indiana in the fall
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted
I was looking over the Milford Rally in 2010. Eight years have passed seems only a few folks from that rally are still active on the site. I think it would be great to try and put together a rally of the same magnitude as that one. Kevin has mentioned this idea in the past also.

Does anyone still keep in contact with any of the folks who worked at Barth! Lots of newer folks here now sure would be nice to get about 50 Barth's up there. Since Graig is not having his great outing this year, perhaps we could fill that time slot, mid October. I do not think he would mind..Doorman??

I know BillNY is always busy but perhaps he can use his influence to stir up the pot! If we can not get it together this fall perhaps next year.

I did not see a Glassnose in that 2010 outing!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Duane88:
Since Graig ..Doorman?? [QUOTE]
It appears that you and my wife have the same brain fart. I assume you are talking about CRAIG.
Back on subject, What ever happened to Hocking Hills as a destination?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Duane88:
Since Graig ..Doorman?? [QUOTE]
It appears that you and my wife have the same brain fart. I assume you are talking about CRAIG.
Back on subject, What ever happened to Hocking Hills as a destination?

I am pretty sure you suggested a Milford outing...perhaps it is that craft beer taking a toll!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Hate not having a GTG this year but between the boy's MX schedule and our clubs hillclimb, October was not doable this year. Hoping to make Mary Birthday GTG. in Sept.

Any one who would like to come to our Hillclimb would be more than welcomed to stay at my property in Spring Valley for the Weekend.

As for a Milford GTG, I think a 2019 -50 year anniversary of Barth Motor Coaches would be in order. A June time frame seams to work well. Open to input from others.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:

As for a Milford GTG, I think a 2019 -50 year anniversary of Barth Motor Coaches would be in order. A June time frame seams to work well. Open to input from others.

Best idea yet!!!! Let's do it !!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
More craft beer please. cheers According to conversation from a previous Milford get together, we had a 50th anniversary already. Computer hmm Are we not going past 50? Click
I am confused about how my 1990 Regency is a 25th anniversary Barth also? ROTFLMAO My math was never good with or without craft beer? ROTFLMAO I also thought Milford gatherings were even year functions? java
Hocking hills was a suggestion, but not a replacement. hmm

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Perhaps, the Doorman is making reference to motor coaches rather than the Barth Company.

So we are all out of craft beer, but we have Corona lite..lol

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
If things have not changed reservation for the fairgrounds will have to be done after Jan. 2 2019. Although not the most scenic location I think it makes a great GTG venue as we can reserve a large # of spots. They require no deposits and are great to work with.

Duane, I nominate you to be the Grandmaster of the GTG. Not to hard, set a date and they will come. Open a thread and get some feel for date that could work for members. I would expect 30-50 would attend.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duane, I nominate you to be the Grandmaster of the GTG. Not to hard, set a date and they will come. Open a thread and get some feel for date that could work for members. I would expect 30-50 would attend.

Graig, as flattered as I am for your nomination I think there are folks that have connections and are certainly more deserving of the honor.

I will of course do whatever I can to assist.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
It is also the duty of the grandmaster to stop at every brewery in Iowa and bring a filled growler from each for us to sample. I can see no better person then Duane to take charge of this task. Congrats, I sure hope you will be in proper grandmaster attire. I will provide my own pint glass as I'm sure you don't have any. Smiler

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benebob:
It is also the duty of the grandmaster to stop at every brewery in Iowa and bring a filled growler from each for us to sample. I can see no better person then Duane to take charge of this task. Congrats, I sure hope you will be in proper grandmaster attire. I will provide my own pint glass as I'm sure you don't have any. Smiler

Heck I forgot that was in the by laws. Thanks BEN. With the new air condition unit there should be no problem partitioning off an area to keep several growlers chilled.

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ok what the heck is a growler,, a big ole bear??? Perhaps a happy bear!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ok I will close this thread and we can use the one The Doorman opened..Barth GTG 2019

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Ok I will close this thread and we can use the one The Doorman opened..Barth GTG 2019

I think only Rusty, or Bill NY and his staff is capable of closing a thread.
It is a good Idea to keep things in one place. I can post you extra Growlers (usually a half gallon beer container with a resealable lid) if needed. Most Craft breweries sell growlers. ROTFLMAO Kegs are OK too.

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 06-27-2018 09:46 PMHide Postquote:Originally posted by Duane88:Ok I will close this thread and we can use the one The Doorman opened..Barth GTG 2019 I think only Rusty, or Bill NY and his staff is capable of closing a thread

Ok so your post will have to suffice..

P30 chassis
350 engine