Notify
Tools
Proposal for a 2009 GTG
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
if we can confirm that Cherry Hill will work with us, I say we go forward and set up a couple of possible dates.

Update: We're currently on a 10 day, 800 mile circum-navigation of the Chesapeake Bay... (last night at VA's Chippokes State Park on the James River, across from Jamestown VA - beautiful!)

Before we left, I talked briefly with Cherry Hill rep about our possible plans....said they would have something for me when I got back......

More info as soon as I know it.......Right now, I'm kinda busy having fun Smiler (7 days out - averaging 1.5 "What's a Barth?" questions per day)

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
The GTG at Choo-Choo seem to be a good time by all that were there. One of the main topics of discussion that came up repeatedly was the 2009 DC GTG. I think you can count on all 12 coaches. We just NEED A DEFINITE TIME AND PLACE.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Cherry Hill, after the 11th of the Month and before the 25th. September works for me but October is O.K. also. Suggest it is after the Fly In that is scheduled at the Airport that Lee works at.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Lee---Hope your trip was a good one. Any word from Cherry Hill Park?
To All---I plan on getting involved in setting dates for this 2009 gathering. After the excellent turn out at the Tenn. GTG, I figure it's time to put this one together so we will have an even larger gathering in 2009! Hopefully we can combine those who attended the Mass. and Tenn. GTG's into one large gathering. It looks as if the DC area comes with approval, so we are going for it! I also feel that if Cherry Hill Park will work with us, that's the place to go. Sorry for those who might have been interested, but I will avoid the time the air show is in town because it will probably get quite crowded both at the air show and in DC. Right now I am looking at the weekends of September 18-20 or October 16-18. I figured to try to use a weekend as a base date and figured some folks will come in earlier and some will stay later. But obviously it will revolve around a weekend.
More to follow, but looking for some feedback...
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Now that ya'll are back safe & sound from last weekend, here's an update regarding a potential Nation's Capital GTG for 2009.....

Cherry Hill Campground has a dedicated area for rallies - all will be parked together if you specify the Barth GTG at reservation time. Full hookups - 50amp/H20/sewer/TV/WiFi are currently $60/night, with 10% rally discount. Depending on their schedule, hospitality room may be provided......For planning purposes, I told them a coach-count of "probably in the teens", with a potential of 20+ units. To review, they're at:
http://www.cherryhillpark.com/index.cfm/action/home.main

As I've previously mentioned, you can't beat their convenience for getting to the DC sights...bus service at park entrance direct to MetroRail (which gets you everywhere), plus front door Gray Line sightseeing pickup. Unless you're a seasoned native, ya don't wanna drive yourself!

From my airport resources, I can supply shade tents, gas grills, tables/chairs, non-stop popcorn machine, 24 hr coffee service, ground
transportation, etc.as may be needed or desired.

Weather & tourist traffic-wise, I'm gonna suggest Friday thru Monday, October 2nd thru 5th, 2009.
A September date would work for Cherry Hill OK, but I'll probably have to be out of the picture due to work related demands Frowner

Via different thread, I'm gonna try the Polling feature to see if we can get a feel from the group, and adjust plans accordingly......(Keep a lookout Bill, I may screw this up & need help!)

Let the serious planning begin Click

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
This post is just a bump to get it to the top of the forum so folks can see it before voting on the other thread Wink

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Lee,
Great to hear from you! I will help in coordinating this event anyway I can, just let me know what you need. October dates work for me.
Bruce
p.s. Hope I didn't screw up your bump....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This post is locked down. Please go to the 2009 Washington DC Barth Rally>G 10/9-10/12 to follow up on this event.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post