Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Greetings from Tom Sawyer RV Park
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Yup, it is open now. They opened last night only to have a big storm move thru. A bit muddy but no issues unless-----

Power was just restored. I will be here three days and then up to Blytheville on Wednesday for my event Friday-Sunday, then back to CA.

Miss y'all

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Ed, Did anyone else make it to Tom Sawyer RV Park?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, total of 8 SOBs + me here tonight. Will leave here Wednesday morning.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Talk about cutting it close. I was not willing to risk 800 miles each way without a place to park.

Ed I will miss seeing you and the others. Hope we can get back together soon.

I got the VW engine ready to go back in the bus and I pulled out the boat engine, stripped the block and started to reassemble with the replacement block.

Weather here was typical, cool and rainy, still waiting for spring.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can certainly understand the "iffy" situation here. Thunderstorms moved thru here in the last days and really tore up Memphis. Power is out everywhere! Lines down and restricting traffic.

Weather for Blytheville next week end does NOT look good for any racing activity. T-storms forecast for Thursday and Friday, light rain (?) for the weekend.

Only good thing is watching all the river traffic and chilling out!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Weather has been cool and damp here, typical Memorial Day weekend. Sure missed seeing all the Barth folks. We will have to get another GTG going somewhere else.

Working on Barth wall paper and LED lighting, VW engine almost done, boat engine underway.

We will run the coach to the UP next week to see my folks and launch Dad's boat for about the 53rd season.

Have Barths, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post