Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Florida GTG 2012 Hillsborough State Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2012 Hillsborough State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Florida GTG 2012 Hillsborough State Park

http://www.reserveamerica.com/...ode=FL&parkId=281037
Finally figured out when to have this years GTG, so here we go. December 7th is the Friday, so some folks will already be there, and we'll show up in the afternoon sometime.
Rather than rewrite what I've posted for the last few years, I'd like to have you visit the thread from the 2011 GTG, and just think of it as a year later, because nothing really changes.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask, either here or a PM, and look at the sites that us regulars take in the above mentioned post.
Looking forward to seeing you all there, especially some Rangers if you can make it.
Bill or Rusty, a little help with putting last years intro up here? Thanks.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Reservations can now be made so DannyZ's making it official. Our annual snowbird Get-together will again be at Hillsborough River State Park, the weekend of December 7-8-9, 2012. Reservations are made through Reserve America,
http://www.reserveamerica.com/...ode=FL&parkId=281037
and our area is roughly from site 29 down to 46 and over to 76. DougZ usually wants 43, Carl 34, Rusty 35 and Suzie and I 36. 37 is a tent only site.

This past GTG we had folks showing up by Wednesday and staying till Tuesday, so if you're inclined to make a little longer stay of it, you probably won't be alone.
Check out the pix from the past GTG's to get an idea of what goes on if you have never been here.
This is a fun, laid back weekend, with nothing planned except the Saturnight feast and voluntary gift exchange. Canoes are available for rent, and biking and hiking are great here.
Any questions are welcome, and I suggest making reservations by mid summer, the earlier the better. Last year the park was sold out that weekend weeks ahead of time.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm reserved for Site #35 Weds 12/5 to Mon 12/10.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
We reserved...Site #34 arriving Thur. 12/6 leaving Mon. 12/10..................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Cheri and I have site 40 reserved again this year. Already looking forward to it even if it is a long ways off.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I just reserved site 36 for Suzie and I. Looks like the only sites in our area that have been reserved are our people, but I wouldn't wait much longer if you want to attend.
I know everyone will have a ball at Milford. Wish we could be there but it isn't possible, for all the right reasons.[Swamped with work].

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted Hide Post
We just reserved 75. Looking forward to out first (GTG)!
Wayne & B.J.

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I have reserved #39 for 12/07,08,09/2012 I think the "other Glas-nose" will be ready by then. I know I'm pretty slow about these things but, 7 months should be enough time to get her into respectable condition. Thumbs Up

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
There is no better motivator than a paid for reservation. I know everyone is geeking up for Indiana, and rightfully so, but it really is time to get your Hillsborough reserves in. This being a State Park, I can't reserve a section. It has to be done by you individually. If anyone has a problem, let us know here, or PM me, and we'll get it right.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Reserved 38 for Jan, I & dogs. 43 was taken already. Frowner

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Danny & I also reserved 37 for Fire Central.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Now that Millford is a memory,I'll bring up Hillsborough again. From reading posts about Millford it sounds like some folks want to come down to Florida. I checked this AM and un our area sites still available are 30 31 32 33 42 44 51ab&c and 76. The whole rest of our circle is pretty much gone so get your reservations in asap. You have to reserve through Reserve America as noted at the start of this thread, but it's no big deal. Hope to see a bunch of new faces in December.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I took 76

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keirn and Carolyn
posted Hide Post
Carolyn and I have reserved spot #33 for Dec. 6th through the 9th and leaving the 10th.
It will be good to see you all again.

Keirn Rush

Posts: 29 | Location: Trent Woods, North Carolina | Member Since: 07-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We have reserved spot #32 from December 5th through December 9th.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post