Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Florida GTG 2012 Hillsborough State Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2012 Hillsborough State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Yes Mary and David, we'll miss you. It's always a bummer when this late in we start getting cancellations, but it's part of the deal, and we hope you and everyone else can make it next time. Now we have to come up with an MC for the gift exchange. Hope all is OK for you and David, we'll miss you.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Betty and I will not be attending the GTG. On the advise of the Neursurgeon, roaming in the woods is not a good thing in the event I should trip and fall,bend and pick up something like fire wood, etc. In his words,"if I don't let my spine heal my next vehicle could be a wheel chair".Plus the fact I'm not allowed to drive (yet). I'll cancel our reservation tomorrow. Someone may want to move over to lot #34........

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just over a week to go and the weatherman is saying 72 for highs and 55 for lows with suuny skies for the GTG weekend. We can live with that.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

Deb and I will help on the gift exchange.

See ya next week.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Ed. Doug and I will have the smoker fired up all day Saturday for anything anyone wants to cook. I'm doing a pork butt for pulled pork, and I think Doug is doing chicken. We have lots of wood but hickory, cherry, or apple would be appreciated. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
And the weatherman says.. http://www.intellicast.com/Loc...px?location=USFL0497

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I believe some folks will start showing up today. Weather looks great, lows near 60 and highs near 80 and sunshine all weekend. May need that air conditioner this time! Hold down the fort till we get there Friday afternoon, have fun, and we'll see you all then.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
As I stood in the middle of the Little Calumet River and watched our crew remove a Beaver Dam, my mind wandered back to this summer and the Milford GTG. Smiler head bang We should have signed up for todays GTG. Have a great time in sunny Florida. All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted Hide Post
Just in case. I had a cardiac cath today, all was well no blockage. while waiting for me to go in BJ had shortness for breath and chest tightness. I went for the cath and she to the ER. Now I;m home and they are "doing tests". BJ should be out tomorrow so we might be late. It's only 140 miles from here to the GTG. If we are not there friday we should arrive SAT.
Wayne

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow, be careful. Not rain, nor sleet nor dark of night... will keep the Barthmobilers from their ritual GTG gatherings! Tooling Along

We got snow again this morning... why am I not in Florida?

Take care and BE WELL !

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we are not there friday we should arrive SAT.
Wayne

I,no I'm sure WE all pray for you to make it in good shape.
Dick. Thumbs Up

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
This year I'm bringing shorts with me. The weather looks that good.

SteveVW - you're right, why are you not in Florida. I think that Kalkaska is Indian for "freezing my butt off". Big Grin

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well, around here we say, "Kalkaska is only 2"K" away from Alaska!" Sometimes it seems even closer...

It was 29 degrees here this morning. Mad

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Well, around here we say, "Kalkaska is only 2"K" away from Alaska!" Sometimes it seems even closer...

It was 29 degrees here this morning. Mad
You probably don't want to hear that we've had the A/C turned on here in Georgia in December, huh. ROTFLMAO

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
There's a little bit of ice on the river today.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post