Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    It's official! Milford III 5/29-6/1/2014
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

It's official! Milford III 5/29-6/1/2014
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Ok Here is the Deal. A lot is happening in my life right now. It may be possible for me to attend. I would like to make a tentative reservation as I am not sure of the closing date on my house. If it sells before May then I am there. If it does not sell before May then I am out. Market is Hot and it goes on the market in a week or so.

I hate to be wishy washy but there has been a lot of life changing events recently. I will explain in person if interested.

As far as a get together on the left coast I am actually trying to purchase 45 acres just north of the Columbia River. And with that space comes the potential for such an event.

Cheers
Meric

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Just keep us posted of your progress and intentions. As you can see we still have sites available.

Good luck with your life changes!

If that deal goes with the 45 acres, it could make a possible location for a west coast GTG! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is my friend already has a little farm down there. I am trying to purchase the neighbor piece. We are trying to make a destination for people. So it's already in the works just have to add RV parking and hook ups.

Cheers
Meric

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Hi Gang,

Here's a letter I am sending today to a friend and former employee of the Barth Factory, Sue Lechlitner.
------------------------------------------
Dear Sue,

It was nice to speak with you today.

As I mentioned, we are having another Barth RV get-together at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds from May 29th to June 1st. We have 41 coaches and trailers coming so far. The families & friends of these owners have already made reservations. These Barth coaches and trailers will be coming from across the Country. We expect more as the date draws nearer.

I am trying to get the addresses of anyone and everyone who has ever worked at the Barth factory, plus all known relatives of the Barth family, so that we can send them an invitation to be our guests during this event. The highlight we would like them to attend is a Saturday noon barbeque on May 31st and, of course, lunch will be on us. (We realize that this date may not work for everyone, and so we invite these same folks to stop by anytime from May 29th to June 1st to say ‘Hi’.) We will also do press releases in local news media in the very near future.

I am enclosing a list of the names and addresses of the folks we have so far. If you could review this list to see whether there are any adds, changes or deletions that I should make I would greatly appreciate it.

We very much appreciate your help. Best regards and see you in May,

Lou Thierwechter
PO Box 547
Allegan, MI 49010
(269) 673-2874
-------------------------------------
Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Lou, you are a good PR man and the letter seems to cover it all.

If there is anything I can help with just let me know.

Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Great job Lou.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Kudos also go to you Stinky Daddy. With your contribution of the invitations and t-shirts you certainly make us look like a class act.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
One hundred days and counting. Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Last year we donated 10.00 per site to cover the cost of the food for the GTG. This cost was previously covered by a few Barth owners but we have grown by leaps and bounds and it is not fair for a few to cover this cost.

I am hoping that this meets with approval, this is not mandatory.

We also had a "Gas Pot", you could donate 10.00 and your site number was then entered into a drawing and the winner won the pot. How many are interested in doing this again. Since I was the winner last year in fairness I will not enter this year.

Won't be long now!!! Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Mary

Who is going to purchase the food. They should get the donation early so they won't be out of pocket.

It looks like we will be feeding a small army if all the guests show up.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
How are we going to feed 50 Barth families and 100 guests for $500. The last event I am familiar with budgeted about $18 per person for food and non-alcoholic beverages. That equates to about $75 per Barth (that was a catered meal and servers). Has anyone asked the Fairgrounds for advice?

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Most people will be at the GTG by Thursday and the money will be collected then, if you are not there then just pay when you do get there.

Usually each site will bring a dish to the lunch (anything that will go with burgers and dogs), with the money collected and what is brought by site members we have always had plenty. The money collected will furnish the burgers, dogs, chips, buns, condiments, assorted drinks, necessary eating utensils and paper products.

This plan has worked for us before and there will be plenty of food but any new ideas are welcome.

One of our members (Sloop John B) furnishes the grills and does most of the cooking but I am sure he would not turn away anyone that wanted to help.

We have some members that are musically inclined and we are hoping they will bring their instruments and furnish us with music so that we can have an old fashioned "street dance" on Saturday night.

Hope this answers the questions, if you have any other ones just let me know. Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Hello all! This is Loraine speaking, of course Tom doesn't get involved in food, except to eat!! ROTFLMAO
We were at the last Milford GTG and it was beautiful. I see the concern for feeding so many people. I agree that each person should pay $20 this year to cover costs. My suggestion is that we have a sign up for things like paper products, condiments, silverware, drinks and whatever is usually boughten with the money that way the money can go strictly for the meat and buns. I have no problem bringing something to support the lunch as well as a dish to pass. We are very excited for this years GTG and can't wait to see everyone!! Oh and I love Mary Rays idea of a street dance !!!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Loraine, we had about 32 Barth's at the GTG last year and we had plenty of money for food and the rest of the necessities, I will ask the people responsible for buying the food and see what they say. Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Another thing to consider is the Auction and swap.

Swap
Some folks bring odds and ends others can use if so inclined. I think that is how Steve VW got his new fancy auxiliary heater.

Auction
We also bring stuff to Auction with the proceeds going to Barthmobile. $10 ice Creme comes to mind. I'm still thinking of what to bring this year. I brought a Sage fly rod last time. I'm looking for something with more broad appeal.

We had lots of different stuff for everyone. Time is getting shorter every day!

SupermanHow time flies like superman!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post