Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    It's official! Milford III 5/29-6/1/2014
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

It's official! Milford III 5/29-6/1/2014
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That's 0.13495 mpg.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's 0.13495 mpg.

ConfusedGet the point? ROTFLMAO

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
whoops... Frowner
oh yeah...
there was the little matter of the inop odom D'oh

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/17
posted Hide Post
Thanks for making a couple of newbies feel very welcome at your anniversary party! We really enjoyed meeting everyone and having the opportunity to experience the food, fun, and hospitality of this unique community. Hope to see you all again soon...

Debbie
(& Bill in baby Euro)

Posts: 32 | Location: Highland, Michigan | Member Since: 02-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
We are home now! June 1 we had a 14 hour drive to get to Evergreen CO. Then to Moab UT. to have a great night by the Colorado river. Arches campground was full. Then to Great Basin Nat'l Park, Upper Leman campground, (longer than 30 foot don't try it!) then an 11 hour drive to home.

Total round trip for us was 6640 miles. Averaged just over 10 MPG, used 3 quarts of oil. 4 rear tires (but that is another story)

Thanks to all again for a great time at the GTG. Hope we can make another one in the future. Great to see those we have met before and to meet those we have not!

I will have a relatively peaceful summer with my next race activity scheduled for middle September in Nevada.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,

What a wonderful event and a great time spent with both old and new friends.

We thank you all for the excellent work, great food, coordination, perseverance and time and money spent making this anniversary reunion such a fun and special gathering.

This was only our second long trip and second GTG and they were both absolutely great times spent with wonderful people.

We learned that Barth families attending GTG’s eat really really well! Our hats are off to Tom, Nick and Steve for the pig roast, Tom for the brisket bonanza, Billy and Helen for the red beans and rice, and to everyone else for the deep fried chicken legs, grilled burgers and dogs, ice cream social and all the regional delicacies, wine tasting and treats galore.

Thank you Jerry for the sun screen and cap and for saving what hide I had left. Apparently only mad dogs and pale old Minnesota men go out in the midday sun (without sunscreen and caps).

Thank you Lou, Lenny, Nick, Tom, Rusty and Mark and Pat for the Zip Dee awning seminar and for helping the vertically challenged. I now understand what needs to be done with my main awning to keep me out of the emergency room.

As the unofficial Barth paparazzi, I took almost 400 photos. I try to shoot everything and let luck sort it all out later. I think I got all the coaches and attendees having a good time. If I missed anyone it was unintentional and I apologize. There are a few shots in black and white due either to the creative or forgetful side of my brain. D'oh

I need to edit and sort the photos and will post a few this week as so many have already been posted and will mail a disk with most of the photos I took to anyone (Barthmobile member or attendee) who wants one.

Anyone who wants a photo disk please send me a private message with your mailing address. As I am clearly an amateur paparazzi, there won’t be a charge for the photo disk or mailing.

Thank you all for a wonderful time and we are looking forward to meeting again further down the road, Tooling Along

Wally & Connie

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Donna and I got home Monday 6/9 after spending a few days in Michigan wine country and a slow leisurely 4 day trip home. We can testify that Steve VW is alive and well. We had dinner with he and Liz, Tom and Nancy, and Rusty last Wednesday night.

On a closing note for the GTG. The auction raised $1,000.00 that was given to Steve to send to Bill NY for the website.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
After too few days with my friends in Lodi, OH, I headed for home Tuesday with a planned stopover at the Cagles' BBRVRAPE Weds. Just at Rock Hill, SC, the tach dropped to zero and the BATT light came on (symptom of yet another broken belt), however, I still had power steering, brakes, and cooling. After cooling the EGT, I shut down, and the alternator was smoking heavily. The mobile mechanic got me on the road with my onboard spare shortly, and the remainder of this leg was uneventful...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Rusty, the gremlins have been following you around this year Frowner

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I consider the first gremlins to be beneficial; the shop I went to in Mt. Vernon, KY, not only installed an effective external tranny cooler (transmission runs now @ 185-205°, a better range than the former 145°), but more importantly, found the root cause of the engine's consuming belts. The alternator failure was unrelated to the prior issues, and I was only on the shoulder for 2 hours.

So despite the inconveniences, I'm well on the plus side of the ledger.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Surprised fluid is so much hotter now.
Maybe I should say I'm surprised the fluid temp was so low before.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Cooler was integral with the radiator; also, the Mag-Hytec pan has great cooling capacity.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
...ummh - so you brought the turd fairy to GA where she struck us too and popped our belt! Luckily it was the car and just pulling into our driveway ...
It shows the importance of spare parts. mechanic

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Made it home today without further incident. BTW, last month I changed the serpentine belt on the car, and the old belt literally fell apart...

I carry a LOT of onboard spares in the coach - from master cylinder and alternator to glow plug controller and oil and coolant temp sending units - and, of course, belts!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Some photos from Milford III 2014.

Oldest Barth in attendance.

Red beans and rice.

Wine tasting

Photographer's photographer.

Marching orders.

The Barth Boy Band brings down the house.

Band manager and pick supplier.

Sue prepared and signed off on most of the Barth shop drawings.

Jim a Barth design engineer autographs his work.

Auction time.

Shade would have brought a high bid.

Minnesotan knew what to do with the left over ice.

Our own professional grill master.

Our own professional improvisational chef.

Barth workshops.

New taillights and the polishing begins.

Shiny new wheel covers (one on three to go).

Barth dreams.

Bikes and Barths.

Our members some other brands.

Thanks everyone,
We had a wonderful time!

Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post