Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    It's official! Milford III 5/29-6/1/2014
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

It's official! Milford III 5/29-6/1/2014
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
MWrench comes from SoCal, so he may have the distance crown.

No, if I go only 33 miles out of my way, I can go to the rally by way of HELL Mischief

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, if I go only 33 miles out of my way, I can go to the rally by way of HELL Mischief

Save that for afterwards, for you are within easy reach of Climax.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Good one, Lou ROTFLMAO

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Meric, YUP, you are 17.4 miles further than me. I am in NO CA, Los Gatos, CA, near San Jose, CA.

That is from Google search town to town YMMV

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
Sweet a distance crown. Does it look like the one from Burger King?

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Meric & MWrench,

You guys are in luck: the trip is all downhill, and you get a tailwind. Just a couple of days and you're here. (Back home in August.....lol.)

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
While this Barth may be new to me I will gladly exchange stories of miles traveled. Been to 42 out of the 50 states and around the world twice. Plus I lived in Saudi Arabia for a few years where my father designed deep desert vehicles for expeditions in the Rubicali desert. Weeks of off the grid stuff 10 and 12 wheel drive. Tires twice as tall as we stand. Very cool stuff.

Cheers
Keep on trucking
Meric

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
The coolest place I have ever been is Iceland. We did some Modified off road/grid stuff right after the volcano erupted. Drove on glaciers with 44 inch tires and camped around the volcano. Highly recommend Iceland to anyone.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Me too Kevin! Big Grin Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to help. I have been fixing engines since I was 9 years old with my dad. And professionally for over 20 years. I get a bit lost on the 2 stroke blower turbo diesel thing but other than that it's all the same.

Cheers
Meric

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
There are many experts here as you know, they can explain everything. Computer

Just do a search on the "electrical theory of smoke" and "darksucker" and you will learn all about electricity.

Now I'm sure you'll understand. ROTFLMAO
We're counting down the days to Milford.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I've sent the "Invite" list to Cathy VL and Brenda Owen. I should have adds, changes and deletes back in less than two weeks.

StinkyDaddy indicated he's working on the invitations so I should be able to mail them out when I get them. I know last time he had them drop-shipped to good ol' Allegan and expect he'll do the same this time.

We are, indeed, on our way!

Lou

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Lou, I will have the invites shipped to you again. How many do you think we need this time?

We too are counting the days and looking forward to seeing everyone again (and for the first time).

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
SD (Bill),

I have 49 families on my current list, and have asked several family members and former employees whether there are others we should add. I'm trying to identify former employees who could help us in the roundup. Press Releases will be going out to local news media in about two weeks. And last time I gave all Barth owner/families who attended a copy of the invitation so they could see what we said.

I'm guessing 150 would do it; 200 to be safe.

Lou

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
We are going to have to get a crane to hoist some one up to take the Group picture!

Look forward to seeing everyone there. All you folks not from the Banana Belt up here in the GREAT North. I hope you are all enjoying the polar Vortec. Blizzard here today and a high of 11 below zero tomorrow in Minnesnowta. It has been a roller coaster. Steve did I hear you offer to come over and shovel snow for me?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post