Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Rallies?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rallies?
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Imagine a meeting of Barth owners with there own quirks and talents. Imagine holding a little get together for two Barth owners and invite anyone who wants to come and others show up.

You wouldn't want to call that a rally. You would say something like... I just booked a weekend at the Blah Blah Campsite and good old What'sHisName is coming. Anyone that would like to attend is welcomed. There number is...

At this point someone or three just may show up. If you get enough people to attend then call it a rally. For some reason the act of getting a rally together with the hopes of a lot of people signing up just doesn't seem to work very well. BTW, I'm guilty, for me there's not enough days or hours in the week.

I like the fact that Danny and others keep posting where there going. Eventually someone on this site is going to post that there going to one of our local attractions, campsites, wineries, or historical sites.

For anyone interested. We have several campgrounds within 25 miles of... Revolution War Era campsites, West Point, Many award winning wineries that have free wine tasting, apple picking, Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome Museum, The Mohonk Preserve, Roosevelt and Vanderbilt Estates, Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets, Lots of hiking trails in New Paltz which in itself is a wonderful town... Well, you get the idea.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill N.Y.; So the next time we are in Narrowsburg, NY (close enough)we should call or Email you? JKB 88 Regal 28' 454

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLOOP JOHN B:
...close enough...we should call or Email you?
It's about 75 miles away. Yes, I would (baring any prior commitments) come see your Barth. Put it back up here. Wink

We have another Barthmobile.com member, Carl Buckstad, who lives up around Forestburgh N.Y. I'm sure he would try to stop by. He might even be able to give me a shortcut.

Where do you stay? What do you do?

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I have found that by posting our travels we have met up with Barth folks at Talledega, Homestead, and on non racing weekends at State parks we've gotten together with the Scalzos a couple times. I'm sure rallies appeal to a lot of folks and we'd probably enjoy it if we had the chance, but it's a lot easier to just tell folks where you're going to be and let the Barths come as they may.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill; Oldest sons wifes family live in Narrowsburg and run a great Bed and Breakfast on the Delaware River. Father in law is a retired New York State Trooper. JKB 88 Regal 28' 454

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Zeeff:
... it's a lot easier to just tell folks where you're going to be and let the Barths come as they may.
Yep, that's what I figured.
quote:
Originally posted by SLOOP JOHN B:
... Oldest sons wifes family live in Narrowsburg and run a great Bed and Breakfast on the Delaware River.
Are you going to plug it so I can look it up on the net. Big Grin

Bill N.Y.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
StaRV II, Maggie, Casey, and I will be at the Peach State Star Gaze (actually in TN, just east of Ducktown) Oct 16-23. Not too far from Blue Ridge, Blairsville, and Murphy.

There is a better entrance to the observing field than that described. Stargazing at night, swapping of totally truthful stories by day.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Rusty, you will be about 20 miles from my house when you are there. I will try to meet up with you there if I am in town. I was going to meet son on the outer banks for fishing, but he may not be able to go. If you come earlier, let me know and I will give you full hook up here at the house.
I called you and talked with you one night at the first of the year. Contact me if you wish. Would like to see your coach.
Ray McHan
Murphy, NC

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ray, thanks for the generous offer. That area is one on my short list for moving to next year (I'm torn among Blue Ridge with better prices on beer, Blairsville for the Home Depot, and Murphy for the Super Wal-Mart... Big Grin)

I usually come up Saturday or Sunday (this year 10/14-15)and stay at Whispering Pines just east of Blue Ridge, as the field doesn't offically open until Monday at Noon (I go early, because I'm a volunteer).

You'd certainly be welcome at the observing field, where there are some truly magnificent scopes providing for non-stargazers once-in-a-lifetime views (actually, some of us with scopes that mortals can afford also get those same experiences... Smiler ).

I'll stay in touch!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post