New England GTG 8/2009
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Jack,

Thanks for your pic's.

Thanks again to all who attended for simply deciding to come. Barthers are a very cool group of people. This year was basically a new group, with exception of the Muise's and us. Jack White did drive down for a return visit, and I was really happy to see him. There is a possibility he will have a new Barth in his future.

Jack, there are now at least three Barths signed up for next year's GTG.

The new pic's are in the following post.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Well, The rain stopped and the third annual Barth GTG was another "Great time was had by all" event. After a good wet-down on Friday, the skies cleared and by Saturday morning we had nothing but blue skies.

A couple of special guests also attended. Jack White a veteran Barthmobiler drove down from Stafford NH, for a visit on Saturday afternoon. His Barth is temporary out of commission. Deborah, a friend of Corey and Cheri's came with her vintage 1955 Barthstream "bubble" trailer. She is a member of the vintage Airstream club and is closing in on a complete restoration of her trailer, much of it done by her personally. It was sure looking good.

Attending this year were Rusty (Rusty) from Brooker, FL in his '94', 28 foot Breakaway, Richard and Nancy Muise (Richard_Muise) from Springfield, MA in their '94' 33 foot Breakaway, Corey and Cheri (Noble97Monarch) from Spring Hill, FL & Bradford, NH in their '97' 34 foot Monarch, Don and Patty (Don in Niagara) from Niagara Falls, Canada in their '90' 34 foot Regency, Bill and Georgene Goodwin (Bill G) from West Springfield, MA in their '92' 36 foot Regency, as well as Deborah from Bradford, NH in her shinny '55' 12 foot Barthstream "Bubble".

We didn't starve, were never thirsty, learned much about each other, toured the Barths numerous times and learned a little about the stars.

The requests were strong to continue with another GTG for next year. I have already set up the New England GTG for August 6,7,& 8, 2010 at the Oak Haven campground. For those who need to plan well ahead of time, mark your calendars. There will be four full hook-up sites for long distance travelers who may be staying for a few more days. I will provide reminders and more info as this date draws closer.

Following are pictures of the festivities:

Line-up ???

Happy Hour

Patty and Deborah

Corey and Georgene relaxing

Don and Patty

Richard and Nancy

Corey,Cheri and Domonic

Corey's toys

Rusty

Jack White

Bill and Georgene

Deborah and her Barth-Stream Bubble

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I had a great time, too - thanks to everyone!

Doug in Niagra and I stayed over to Monday; he for leisure, I for waiting the weather along the route to moderate (good call - 2-3" of rain in the Allentown-Reading-Lancaster-York area Sunday).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of lake2river
posted Hide Post
Sooo many incredibly-looking Barthmobiles! Thumbs Up

Mike
Switzerland County, Indiana
1976 Barth Regal 21'

Posts: 16 | Location: THE southeastern-most corner of Indiana! Come visit! | Member Since: 07-28-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Got home today after four leisure days on the road (would've been a three-day trek, but that shimmy at over 55 mph, kept my speed down. I think I finally have the issue localized to the front axle/steering linkage.)

The reefer is about dead - freezer at 10°F and reefer at 50°F on max cool. New one ordered.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A couple more pix:

Deborah's BarthStream in full war regalia

There's a photo that shows Corey's bikes under a nice awning; that awning didn't get there by accident! Don in Niagra, Bill G, and Corey (on the ladder) do the Home Improvement (Tim the Tool Man Taylor) thing.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The 2010 dates are the same as the Nebraska Star Party (Starts 8/9), so doubtful I'll be able to come. The Mason Dixon Star Party (near York, PA, from where I came in '09) is the month before.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Yeeeessssss!

A chance to get a clean point ahead. ROTFLMAO

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Maybe, maybe not - the Nebraska Star Party, although my fave, is a long way away (1800 miles) and weather there is dicey. Never understimate the Defending Champ - and you'd only tie, not pull ahead. And of course that would depend on your making the Milford GTG, which will put me 2 ahead (3, if you count the Annual Ugly Betty RV Resort Memorial Day Bash, which I attended the first).

And naturally, I wouldn't make a deceitful post about not being able to make it...Big Grin

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
quote:
and you'd only tie, not pull ahead

Obviously you're not counting my yearly "not retired" bonus point. You remember, the one I instituted after declaring myself the "Grand Pu-bah of rule making for the Barth gathering point game". Violence

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Outhouse Fest, which Jack and MWrench attended at my house in NH, must cancel the Ugly Betty thing! Just sayin....

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My legal staff has reviewed in depth your "Outhouse Fest" claim, and have determined that all applicable statutes, rules, and precedents ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE that, for attendance to count, one must actually travel to the GTG. Claim for attendance credit is therefore (regrettably) denied.

BTW, the Rockland (NY) Astronomy Club is having its Summer Star Party AUG 6-15 2010 in Savoy, MA, about 65 miles NW of Wales, so I'll be at the 2010 NE GTG, thence to the RAC SSP. One of my best friends runs it, so I wouldn't miss it.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
We booked our site on the way out of last years GTG at Oakhaven. So no worries here!
There are a number new Barthites in the north east area. It would be great if they could join us Barthfreaks this year.
It only requires one GTG to achieve Barth freakhood. Corey and Rusty, of course, have long since achieved Barthmania. The rest of us will just have to work harder to reach such lofty status!
Don ... hiding from winter in Az.
We love our Barth!

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post