Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted
Oak Haven Campground - August 31 til July 2 2009
Wales, Massachusetts

Hi Barthmobilers,

I would like to plan a third GTG for this summer at the Oak Haven Campground in the Sturbridge, MA area. It's always a difficult to set a date that interested folks can make, but I'll try.

Tradition has put the event in August. If you think you would like to attend this GTG, post a date suggestion. I propose the first or second weekend in August (1&2 or 8&9).

If you have any other suggestions or comments, please post them as well.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
Looks like Corey and I will still be in NH for both those weekends and would love to attend. Either weekend would work for us.
Cheri

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,
I'm not sure about getting there, but the first weekend would be my only time available if I do get to come. Lots of work and money going into coach this year.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Not sure if we will be able to make it or not, but I will keep an eye on this topic to see what date you set. It will depend alot on my employment, as I have been unemployed since April 1.
By the way, are you still planning on trying to make the Washington, DC gathering? If so, you might want to make your reservation.....
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I went to the NE-GTG last year and had a great time. Unfortunately, this year is a definite no-go for both weekends. Our mechanics and I have already locked in our days off for the summer and I'll be at the Pocono Raceway on 8/1...

Please take plenty of pictures. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
I'm leaning toward the first weekend in August (1st and 2nd). Recommendations still welcome.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Even though we don't get a big turn-out at our get togethers, I think that everyone enjoys the opportunity to visit with other Barthmobilers.

I have booked the Oak Haven Campground (http://oakhavencampground.com/) for the begining of August for our GTG (7/31, 8/1, 8/2).

We will be in the large safari field this time, as another group already is schedulde for the small field. Arrival is for Friday and we will leave on Sunday. The cost for the two nights is $59.40 for two people. Please call and make your own reservations and also email me that you will be attending. This will help with my planning.

It is nice to get together for the Saturday evening meal so we will have a pot-luck meal. If you could contact me with what you would like to bring to the meal, I can help make sure we have a variety of foods. Generally each of us would bring a main dish and a dessert of some kind. I will provide a garden salad and salad dressings.

Friday evening we will have snacks and cocktails around the campfire, weather permitting. BYO snacks to share and drinks for yourselves.

As this develops, I will post any new info and will probably contact each of you at some point.

See you all in early August.

Bill G

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill
We are looking good for this one. Will check further, get a site reserved and talk to you about the menu this coming week.
Looking forward to it!
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi Don and Patty,

Georgene and I are looking forward to meeting you folks. The Barth GTG's are always a good time.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill,

Got enough room for us? SOunds like a good time.

Richard Muise

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that there is enough room. Give them a call.

Bill G

Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
Corey and I will be making our reservations this week. Looking forward to meeting all. Our first Barth gathering was at the December 08 Fl gathering and we really enjoyed it.

Cheri

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Cheri,

We're looking forward to meeting you and Corey and seeing one of the last Barth's produced. Let's hope for good weather.

Bill G

Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
Corey and I are reserved at OakHaven campground for the New England gathering. We decided to go with W/E/S site so we are in site #12 of McLeod Field.
Will start thinking now about dishes to bring for potluck....any suggestions are welcome!
Cheri

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri:
We decided to go with W/E/S site so we are in site #12 of McLeod Field.
Just what I was waiting for.

Anyone else care to share?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post