Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Milford 2014
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
Since we have a large turnout and we have many skilled Barther's I suggest we pick our skil/experience and sign up to provide updates/improvements and deferred maintenance in the various areas four coaches. Thpse who have tools/skills in particular areas can offer their time and effort to help,others while in Milford. If interested, just place your name and the skills you are willing to share while there. examples from previous posts include:
Adding relays to headlights;
Converting to LED's;
Wiring issues;
Suspension issues;
Dash air issues;
Etc.
We will bring tools and parts and numbers to help others.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This is a great idea. We would love some how-to sessions. mechanic
Needless to say, I have some experience with the 454 GM models. Let's keep the thread going. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I'll do a margarita making demo...

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If we can only find some folks for the margarita-drinking demo.... Eeker

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
I volunteer.

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we make the former Barth workers the celebrity tasters - after they show us all the tricks they used when building these coaches, we all might learn something.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Last time at Milford I met the guy who welded my compartment doors, the trailer hitch and the spare tire carrier.

He was pleased to show his handiwork to his teen aged son.

Many workers did more than one job, depending on what was needed at the time. This may explain some of the variation we have seen between coaches.

I'd like to hear a discussion on the wiring. Talk about a can of worms!

Milford will be great! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
For a company that took such pride in workmanship and materials, that was the one area that stumped me after I started chasing gremlins in my Barth. The dash appears to have been prewired for a different application and I could find no diagrams that were detailed enough to address areas like the electrical cabinet in the lower front area. I guess the most extreme story I heard was from the man at the Milford GTG in 2011 that was president of a different Barth club. He showed me his wiring and it was all red. He figured they got a good deal on red wire. He was a great believer in a good quality toner.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I got no original Barth documents with my coach. I am envious of those who have any info on the wiring, plumbing, etc. head bang

It might be interesting if owners who have documents could bring them for display, discussion, or scan them into archives for those who have no paperwork. It might be able to show the common variants within each style of coach.

I am planning to bring my scanner to the GTG. Hoping to snag a few more manuals, etc. I have the GM Pee wiring diagrams but nothing for the Regal itself.

I encourage people to bring documents to share. Thumbs Up

BTW the margarita making demo is really good. I saw it at Raccoon MTN and I think I remember how to make them... kind of... I think I'll need another lesson to get it right. ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
For 2'x3' just take a picture. Any digital camera and most cell phones will give you more than enough detail.

Steve, we'll have to do the margarita demo again at Hillsboro to stay up to date. Practice, practice, practice.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
I'll do a margarita making demo...

Might want one of these, http://tinyurl.com/margarita-maker

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Margarita's, jalapeno poppers and oysters. I'm ready!

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I AM WORKING ON CONVERTING ALL MY FLUORESCENT FIXTURES TO LED. I'D BE GLAD TO SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE. BTW, you can do all your fixtures in a Breakaway for under $80.00.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK let's make a list: (assumes former workers can provide additional info)
Diesel gen sets and dash air - Tom K
Gas and propane Gen's - Dale K
LED conversions - Richard Muise

Any others?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
In the interior, I just finished converting 4xT8 ($80 total) and 1xT5 ($30) fixtures to LED, with 3xT5 ($165) replacement fixtures yet to install. Outside, the patio lights also got LED replacements ($39). The vendor at the Atlanta GS Rally was out of the six-pack of reading light LEDs...

Converting fluorescents to LEDs is a simple process.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post