Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Northern Michigan GTG?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Northern Michigan GTG?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted
Just throwing this out there? I found a Campground in Hillman, MI that has a Golf course and offers Elk viewing carriage rides.

End of August or beginning of September? I called about group rates and they will be emailing me something shortly.

Let me know what you think, we will probably try it out and see if we can put something together for in the future even if this doesnt fly this year.
http://www.campingfriend.com/T...efault.asp?file=Home

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sep would be better for us but Liz and I would like to attend.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Darryl & Kathy Smith
posted Hide Post
Darryl and I will be coming down from Barthing in the UP on Friday August 30th. That weekend would work for us.

Former Breakaway owners

Posts: 59 | Location: michigan | Member Since: 11-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I think we have folks coming here to stay for the weekend and the Mackinaw Bridge walk on Labor Day Sep 3.

Won't be able to go anywhere that weekend but if anybody's passing through please stop by. We'll probably be doing some grillin and chillin and you are all welcome. Stop by D & K

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Darryl & Kathy Smith
posted Hide Post
Steve & Liz
We were thinking we could stop by for Friday night if that works for you guys. We would head for home on Saturday. Can you recommend a campground close to you?

Former Breakaway owners

Posts: 59 | Location: michigan | Member Since: 11-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Its not 103 miles from home (Milford,In), but to meet up with new Barth owners and old we are looking into our calendar. Looked at RV Park web site. We have done the "mitten" before and found the east side of Michigan different than the west side. Had a great time. Before Lou ask, do you have good Ice Cream up there? Smiler All who wander are not lost (well not all the time) Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
D & K: it would be great to see you! We will definitely be around Fri 31st and all weekend. If you need a car let me know.

Since we're semi new to the RV thing I'll have to check on local RV places. (There is a small campground on the lake 3 houses down from our house but they only have electric. They do have showers and pumpout station.) There are several more upscale around also. Been meaning to scout them out anyway.

I'm in Canton today but I'll get back with you about campgrounds when I'm back in Kalkaska.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I moved this thread here for better exposure.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Thank You Capt. cheers

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Do they have good Ice Cream up there? ROTFLMAO (Sloop got the scoop.)

Actually, Barb and I won't make it 'cause we're booked into John Gurney Park in beautiful downtown Hart, MI for the Labor Day weekend. If anyone is passing through let us know.

Hillman, MI brings back memories of my flying days. Back in the day I needed a day to escape the rigors of being an FBO here in Allegan, so I set out in a Piper Vagabond (like a J3 only side-by-side and shorter). It was a beautiful day and decided to do the entire trip about 500' off the ground (that's for the FAA: use your imagination...lol). The trip was long, I didn't stay at Hillman long 'cause there was no electric in the airplane meaning I had to be back before dark. Fun.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
There are several RV campgrounds near us. I didn't check to see about availability on that night but I can check that too, they may be booked for the holiday weekend.

OTOH, our bridge walkers will not arrive until later in the weekend. You can park your coach in my driveway and stay here if you like. We have 2 extra bedrooms and a guest bathroom available. Save a few bucks...

(You can stay in your coach if you want to but I've only got 20 amp 110V electric so you may be "electrically challenged.")

Keep in touch! see ya later

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp