Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta summer 2018 GTG
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Elkhart brings back memories, I have not fished the St Joe river since the 90's. Campgrounds all over that area in Michigan and Indiana.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Can I come if I don't have a Barth? Frowner

The same rule applies to all that do not own a Barth anymore or have not acquired one yet. I posted this for Fred and Cindy.

We are going to kick you our of Barthmobile. Charge you $500 to come to our events. Just kidding Fred!. A few of our members have Foretravel coaches. It might be alright but we better have a poll.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Do you accept Confederate money? Thumbs Up

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All types of bribes are accepted to persuade voters of our poll.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Have we lost interest in this GTG??

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good question! cheers

I am committed to the trip in early June. I will make more arrangements soon. Looking at the second week of June, location not yet nailed down. I will try to contact the Minnesnowtans in the next few days.

Hope to escape the freezer here soon. Frowner

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Good question!
snowtans
What is a "snowtan"? Is that the same color of every other post on this site. Is it the yellowish one or the white one? I do not think I am going to get me a "snowtan" either way.
Oops sorry for the thread drift. Not sure how you are getting out of Michigan, but there is a COOL old Steamship that leaves Ludington. There is also a Craft Brewery in Ludington. This might be a good way to EXIT the state of Michigan? Should we apply for a Barthmobile Group rate on the SS Badger? Private Message or call me if this is a GO.

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve, there are several state parks located on or near the I-90 corridor in the eastern to central part of Minesnowta. Most look like pretty cool places.

Seems the state has put regulations on reservations made by phone or online. So we should get something set up pretty soon!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Kevin do you know what date the Barth thing in Indiana might be and where?

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
It is not up to me. When would the membership like it to be? I was thinking the north and east members might like to stop at Elkhart on the way to the Snowtan destination.
Steve VW and Liz have you checked out the SS Badger for part of the trip? Lou and Barb were supposed to get some information. I emailed the SS Badger email. They must be closed for winter. There was no reply from the SS Badger on a group rate.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
hey all,
I had been waiting to see if anybody else wanted to host it. If you want us to host it, Kazy would pick Maiden Rock again simply because she liked it last time we were there. Looking for feedback, thanks,
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey Kenny, glad to see you are in the loop! I was going to find you sooner or later.

I talked to Dana today. He usually works weekends and parks are often booked on weekends, so it makes sense to go with the middle of the week.

June 1 is a Friday. I propose we go with Tues June 5 through Thurs June 7, give or take a day. Dana said he could check on some parks he knows, but I am completely happy with Maiden Rock, if that is available.

Kenny if you could call them Monday, let us know if they have sites available. I will book immediately if that is the case. I will put a notice in the Community Announcements as soon as we get exact time and location. Thumbs Up

Let's do it! cheers

Kevin: Last time I checked the coach rate was about $6 a foot plus $6 fee. Passenger tickets are about $60 each plus $6 fee each. Toad vehicle is more yet. (another $60 ?)

This is a great experience, one of the last steamers in operation. However, not cheap and takes quite some time. I would do it but we are planning the first weekend in June in the UP launching Dad's old boat, then west to Snowtan GTG. After that we head for Denver for a few more days.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I figured about $400 for Barth, Honda, a bike rack and two people.
It probably makes no sense for you to drive to your Dads and back to Ludington. Of course I do not know Michigan geography.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Kazy said she will call them tomorrow. I hope lots of people can make it.
kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve VW:

June 1 is a Friday. I propose we go with Tues June 5 through Thurs June 7, give or take a day. Dana said he could check on some parks he knows, but I am completely happy with Maiden Rock, if that is available.

Let's do it! cheers

Steve, Liz, Kenny and Kazy! Lynn and I were just checking all commitments. (Viking are not in the Super Bowl) That should work. I have to host another stores manager for a week. I think I can get that going the next week. I'd sure hate to miss again because of work. head bang If they are able to accommodate us. I am pretty sure Wally would try and join. Richard Muise is also trying to make a west run and would hopefully be able to make it. I bet Duane88 would be up for it. Mwrench knows he always welcome. We would be happy to have everyone. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post