Barthmobile Portal
5th Barth New England Get Together

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6541087061/m/7583923957

03-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Richard_Muise
5th Barth New England Get Together
Greetings,

Bill G asked me to post an announcement regrading our 5th New England Barth-in. We are thinking having it at the Country Aire Campground in Charlemont, MA. The campground offers excellent facilities and a great view of the stars at night (including the Milky Way). It's also close to the Yankee Candle Company flagship store and the Deerfield River for any of you who like to shop or fish.

Please let us know if you are interested in attending so we can make reservations.

Richard and Bill

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis
03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Richard_Muise
Oh, we plan to do this August 5-8

03-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Don in Niagara
Looks like a nice campground. We hope we can make it this year.
Don and Patty
http://www.countryairecampgrou...ml/general_info.html

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643
03-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Rusty
Doubtful I can make it this year - I'm going to be moving stuff up to the GA property.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
03-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Richard_Muise
And we got the best spot in NE for star gazing!

03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Richard_Muise
It is a really nice campground. Very peaceful and hosted by some good people.

quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
Looks like a nice campground. We hope we can make it this year.
Don and Patty
http://www.countryairecampgrou...ml/general_info.html

04-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Jack
Darn, date is not good for me again this year.

Pemi Valley Bluegrass Festival

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

04-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Moonbeam-Express
Cheri and I are probably not going to be there this year as we have sold NH and have no plans for going that far north.

Looks like I need to go back to work as my golden parachute is about to hit earth after a wonderful 10 months severance. I'm being hired by an Italian company in the same industry, so I'll need to be "on the wheel" professionally. We'll be needing to take advantage of breaks in my travel schedule once again which doesn't make commitments easy. My little taste of retirement has taken any apprehension of it out of the equation. I'm ready anytime!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
07-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Richard_Muise
Due to a lack of interest, Bill and I have decided to cancel this year's NE Barth get together.

07-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Danny Z
Too bad, I really hate hearing a GTG gets cancelled. The Hillsborough GTG started by my saying "This is where I'll be on this weekend. If you want to come here's how to make reservations and where." It has worked well so far, with about a dozen coaches showing up and having a layed back good time. By doing it this way I don't worry about how many sign up, because we're going to be there anyway, and if 3 people show up, or 30, it's all the same to me. I know this can't be done at all venues due to reservation policies etc., but it works for us in this case.
Just something to think about for those who are leary of starting a GTG.

79 Barth Classic
07-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Moonbeam-Express
The one time I was able to go the the NE GTG, it was a blast. I think the problem is simply competition. It's a time of year when a lot is going on. It certainly isn't because of the company, all great people.

Danny's approach is perfect, yet there is some amount of effort that shouldn't be minimized if the thing goes big.

I would think the best NE GTG would occur in the Fall, during foliage season. For me, it's now academic as I can't see traveling 3200 miles just for a GTG, but if I were going that way anyway I'd make it happen.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
07-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Marvin+Doris
I think distance is a problem for most, time and money for gas. Frowner

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'