Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Annual International Memorial Day Barth Gathering
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Annual International Memorial Day Barth Gathering
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
Attached below is a picture of all the Barth coaches that made it to the first annual " International Memorial Day Barth Gathering" held in Appling, Georgia. Cool

Okay I agree the turn out wasn't spectacular but the barbecue and wine was. ROTFLMAO

Make your reservations early for next year. Free dry camping until we fill up the pasture. (it will hold a bunch). Smiler

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Only spaces 1 and 3 were occupied. Spaces 2, and 4 through 278 were empty.

Somebody stole the signs in front of each coach which attested to the owner's importance. Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I didn't know about the GTG, must have missed my invite.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Got home today around 4:30 PM from the FAIMDBG v1 - great food, great company; Hank (Nick's Labrador mix) and Casey demonstrated the greeting technique of running towards each other and colliding head-on; neither had the sense to stop.

A good driving day - overcast, no wind.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,
Glad you had a good time. Was there any info on this get together. I looked around barth site & didn't see anything. Must of been on the Down low. We'll pencil it in for next year.
Thanks,
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nick, I got it all figured out. If you can plan on when you will be ready for drywall in the old house, announce the next GTG at your place for the same time. If I'm reletively sober and not too hung over I can cut-and-feed to 10 or 12 greenhorns. We can have that baby rocked by lunchtime!!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
This was an ad hoc GTG - I was up at Deerlick Astronomy Village for the annual landowners' picnic, and being in the area was invited to Nick and Donna's. While Nick found the problem with Ugly Betty's genset, I was unable to revive her electric vacuum pump.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
While this one was ad hoc as Rusty explains, the invitation is genuine. I do have a large pasture and the offer stands. Free dry camping to everyone for next Memorial Day. Let's fill up the pasture.

And Danny, at the rate of progress I'm making that's about when the Boo-Boo house will be ready for sheet rock.

Nick.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,
How about a bonfire using cow pies from the pasture? Or if there are some old dead cattle bones in the pasture, we can have a 'bone fire', the way the Celts did, to ward off evil spirits--they being SOBs.
'If the Lord's willin' and the crick don't rise, we'll be there'
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
And the early bird gets the worm, first one here can plug in to "Ugly Betty"'s 30 or 50 amp outlet and water. Nearest dump station at the interstate rest area that is only 2 miles from my house. Of course you have to go about 8 miles west to turn around.

Jim and Tere, you have the first reservation!1!

Nick

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I may be there too, and I don't need no dam* plug-in. lol

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Hey I was there in my StealthBarth. Can't you see the tracks in the foreground?

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lou, did your afterburners cause that burnt spot on the ground Confused
Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
SIGN US UP IT LOOKS LIKE A ONE TANK TRIP JUDY IS SIGNING US UP FOR EVERYTHING HOPE MONEY DOES NOT RUN OUT I MIGHT HAVE TO STAY THERE TILL THE NEXT CHECK.THAT WOULD BE THIRD WEEK IN SEPTEMBER THAT IS WHAT YOU GET WITH A 100 GALLON TANK.IT WILL TAKE IT ALL TO GET HOME TO NAPLES.
LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Hey, this is still on. If your serious about coming let us know. We will get back from Milford in time to mow the pasture.

Looking forward to it.

Nick & Donna