Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Annual International Memorial Day Barth Gathering
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Annual International Memorial Day Barth Gathering
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Heading out in little while, we'l stay in upper Fla. or lower Ga. tonight. Hope to make Reed Bingham S.P. in Adel. With luck should be to Nicks by lunchtime, [or beer-thirty at the latest]. See ya'll there. Tooling Along

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Beer-thirty is 7 AM. I got here around 6 PM today...Parked in space 2.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Last night, thanks to Casey's vigilance, the area is clear of elephants, zombies, aliens, and air. I know because he gave me several reports throughout the night... head bang

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Good boy Casey..... I hope he didnt find any Snoopy type (Schnausere's) that needed an eviction reminder...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lenny & Judy and DannyZ and Suzie arrived - together, by coincidence...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We had an excellent dinner at Old McDonald's Fish Camp, followed by Donna's excellent Lemon Ice Pie. And a few adult beverages...Wink

Lenny worked hard on a generator issue, as did Nick. Lenny's starter wasn't getting juice, and Nick's needed a new fuel filter.

Danny and I are prepared to again supervise their work tomorrow.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Had a nice and pleasant surprise today. Ray and Anne (Sky) showed up about 2 PM. No Barth, just drove down from North Carolina to spend the night at the Ugly Betty Motel (our guest room) and be able to attend the cook out tomorrow.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Suzie and I made it home at 6:08 tonight, almost exactly 10 hours on the road. 628 miles according to mapquest. The coach ran good except the ongoing vapor lock problem. I meant to fix that at Nicks but it seemed to rain every time I was going to crawl under there. That Georgia red clay didn't look inviting when it was wet.
Thanks again Nick and Donna for a great weekend. We have a bunch of pix and if the Photobucket spirits favor me with some upload capability I'll have them up soon.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
We had an excellent dinner at Old McDonald's Fish Camp,

Rusty was kind enough to save the #1 site for us.

The gathering hung out there when the weather allowed.

Lennie spent some quality time with his battery compartment.

Hank kept an eye on things.

We had the waterfront site on Cagle Creek

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Everyone loaded in "Ugly Betty" for the trip to Old McDonalds Fish Camp

Frontal view of the coaches.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nick moved Ugly Betty out front; here's a picture of all four coaches:

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Okay, Danny, The third "International Memorial Day Barth Gathering" at the "UBRVRAPE" is going to happen. Friday to Monday, May 27-30. Make your reservations early to get the prime parking spots. Already reserved, Rusty site 2 and Stinkydaddy site 282. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

This invitation is not just for Danny. It is open to everyone.

Nick, Donna, and Hank

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Is the "slave house" for rent?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We're in. Site 1 would be fine, but we'll bring the big cord just in case.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We'll be there...Nelson's a little bigger, and just got his Big Dog bark. I'll take a side trip Saturday to the DAV Annual Picnic.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke