Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Ocean Lakes Campground [South of Myrtle Beach South Carolina]
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ocean Lakes Campground [South of Myrtle Beach South Carolina]
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Barth members take over campground.

I am open for September after the Labor-less day Holiday weekend till mid October.

What is your schedule preference?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
I will see you there with or without Barth.

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
We love that place and have gone almost every year for 20 years. I have yet to see another Barth there. Cant go without kids though so after school starts it my be hard to do for us.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a chat with another Barth member. I was told that South Carolina has some fine State parks on the beach also. If any one has any more input on the other South Carolina state Parks we could try, let us hear about it.

Cheers

Kevin

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
If I had a Barth, Ocean Lakes would be my vote.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Ocean lakes is a great place if you want to be close to the beach and all the amenities of a full service park. When we go we usually never leave the park.

For your typical basic state parks, Here you go.

http://www.southcarolinaparks....r/state-park-finder/

This is a great place if you want to see Charleston but you will need to drive everywhere including the beach.

https://www.ccprc.com/1434/Campground

77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hunting island looks nice. The internet makes all camping look fantastic. Has any member visited any of the South Carolina State Parks on the ocean, around the time just after Labor-(LESS)day holiday and into October? Does any one know if there are walk up sites available?

Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
If you are talking about showing up without a reservation I wouldn't. You can check and reserve sites on line so there wouldn't be any reason to risk it.
I am Curious, what part of Ohio do you live in? I grew up in Parma.

77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil T.:
If you are talking about showing up without a reservation I wouldn't. You can check and reserve sites on line so there wouldn't be any reason to risk it.
I am Curious, what part of Ohio do you live in? I grew up in Parma.

A more precise location for me is in your private messages.

posted Hide Post
I am sure glad I did not make any reservations to go to the east coast with the hurricane Matthew that just passed thru. Someone had my back on this event.

Many folks were changing their travel plans with the hurricane on the east coast.
I will stay away from the east coast for a while now. East coast folks need to do some hurricane repairs.

Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Hurricane Matthew did a number to most of the state parks, many will be closed for months. Ocean Lakes was open the next day with very little damage.

77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

posted Hide Post
Thank God I postponed my trip with the upcoming surgery or I would have been in the middle of the hurricane weather. Thumbs Up I am not sure what the plans will be after the recovery.

Thanks for posting about the state parks. Good to know Ocean Lakes is open already.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Helen and I stayed at Ocean Lakes Nov 2 & 3, Matthew did move some things around bit, mostly piers and trees. As mentioned earlier, the park is fine, were were on the first row off of the beach, slept with the windows open waves breaking. We took a drive through Myrtle Beach State Park while in the neighborhood, it is a beautiful, heavily wooded park with beach access but the campsites are not on or near the beach. There were a couple of piles of trees from Matthew but they were aggressively cleaning the place up.

BTW, Myrtle Beach shuts down Oct 31 so plan accordingly !

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.