Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Nick and Donna on the Road
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
We will be taking "Ugly Betty" on her maiden voyage since the paint job.

We will be in Panama City at St. Andrews State Park on Feb. 21, 22, & 23
30.134632, -85.743964

White Springs, FL at Stephen Foster State Park Feb. 24 & 25
30.335833, -82.769897

Jekyll Island, GA at Jekyll Island Campground Feb. 26 &27

We would love to meet other owners along the way or have you join us at any of the sites if just for an evening. Please PM or email to gncagle@bellsouth.net
Nick and Donna Cagle
P.S. Rusty, Hank our two year old lab would love to meet Maggie and Casey

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
SF State Park isn't that far from me (about 46 miles/1 hr.)- I'd love to see Ugly Betty in her new threads!

If I can get the transmission leak in the van fixed, I can bring the Gruesome Twosome; if not, I go solo by the car.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta watch out for the Gru-Two-Crew. They don't like people or other dogs. If tongues could kill we'd all be in trouble! Big Grin

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, they are Pit Goldens...Nick met them at the Peach State Star Gaze, and barely escaped with his life.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Maggie, Casey, and I boarded The Whale (my full-size Ford van) and visited Donna and Nick at the Stephen Foster Cultural Center Park (comments about "culture" in north Florida not invited Big Grin).

I carried some parts for Nick to repair an LPG line carried away when a tire blew on his way from Panama City to SFCCP. I had a very enjoyable visit, and Casey and Hank, Nick and Donna's mostly-Lab, wore each other out.

I'm looking forward to the September get-together somewhere in GA or NC this fall!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Rusty gets my vote for the good samaritan
award for the help. He went to Lowe's and Home Depot to find the tubing and fittings needed to replace the line and brought them to us.

BTW, the tire that blew was outside rear right side. It took out the 3/8 inch copper line to the rear furnace. That line is about 3 feet in front of the exhaust pipe on the 3208 CAT. An open line spewing LP at a hot exhaust. Can anyone say "living dangerously". We were lucky that nothing bad happened. We didn't even know the line had been damaged until the tire repairman started to take off the tire and heard the leak.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was a Towering Sacrifice, having to go to Lowe's and Home Depot Lowe's last 5' section of 3/8 copper tubing was without its box, so I wrote down the stock number. At the register, the price cycled from $25 (price for 10') to $119 (don't know where they came up with THAT). Anyway, Home Despot was only a couple of hundred yards down the road, and 10' there was less tha 5' should have been at Lowe's...

Anyway, here's the best shot I got of Nick

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And Nick and Donna's Regency has a much more subdued and tasteful paint scheme than prior photos seem to show (for some reason the lighting made it look maroon, and that's Maggie approving of the colors):

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

................Home Despot

I think the despot
is at Chrysler now.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Nick really a nice looking Barth love your new paint job. My wife and I were staying in Mexico Beach, just south of Panama City, we went for a drive thru the St. Andrews St Park on I believe the 21st of Feb,spotted this really nice looking Barth, we stopped and gave it a walk around. You
were probably down at the beach.

Ralph

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliment, Ralph. My wife Donna picked the colors to stay with the interior and close to the family of colors that were original. It originally had the stripes that step down the side.
Nick