Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    The Rusty Keeney Memorial GTG at Elkhart County Fairgrounds June 17-21, 2019
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Rusty Keeney Memorial GTG at Elkhart County Fairgrounds June 17-21, 2019
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Chuck and Julie
I appreciate the Bio. We have similar coaches. I look forward to meeting you. I was rewriting/ editing when you were writing. I had searched your posts and got that you had a monarch. I look forward to seeing it. I like the fact you have been updating/customizing. I didn't look at your profile. That would have been to simple.

I know photo bucket is a pain. There is no one who likes it. We put up with it. It is still the way to chronicle/document what will help someone down the road.

My goal for the subzero week ahead is to take pictures with my camera so I can put them in photo bucket. Iphones and photo bucket fight an orientation battle that only Bill NY seems to be able to fix. I put pics in yesterday and the are sideways.

I was worried this was thread drift and the realized this is the reason we have GTG's. Always welcome at my place. I have 2 50 amp hookups.

2019 Milford GTG looks to be great. The biggest problem is not enough time to get quality time with everyone.....

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sneelock:
If there's still room we would like to come. I realize we're not members of the regular group but we've been traveling all over the western US for the past few years and would like meet others and their Barths. With good luck and fair winds would try to arrive on the 17th.
there will always be room.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Greetings,

As of today, we have twelve solid and three probably attendees. Anyone have ideas for some things to do? I could see a trip to the flea market, maybe dinner at an Amish restaurant some night and a trip to rv salvage joints for those of you interested. Great bargains on everything from cloth to kitchen hardware.

Let me know your thoughts.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Salvage yards would be great for me. Maybe a pig roast like last time?
I am really looking forward to this! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I would like to visit some reclaim yards like Steve. But the pig roast, if I don't see the pig, I would eat it.

I am thinking about bringing the Bass boat, I used to fish the St Joe river in Elkhart and a lot of lakes in the Michigan and Indiana area, anyone going a bass fisherman??

I look forward to the camaraderie and social events, would be fun to meet some of the folks that built our Barth's too.

Das Esenin House(sp )near Goshen is kinda an Amish place with shops, a hotel and a great family style restaurant, a cool place to visit. The Amish have an outdoor sale every weekend if anyone is staying or arriving early in Shipshewana.

Dometic has a factory in La Grange In. I think they only manufacture Awnings now and I do not know if anyone is still there, that I knew, but if there is interest I could see if we could tour the facility. They always hated RV owners who visited without advance notice.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Johns:
If you don't mind count us in the 17th thru the 21t Tom & Nancy

Geez I am happy you guys are coming, maybe this time I won't need to ask you to help on the nose and we can just drink and eat. head bang

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Well, We could do both.

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, We could do both.

Well Tom now that you mention it, I would really like to get the Cruise Control operational, I have no idea how they work. Will margaritas, wine , or beer be best for this project??

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
First thing we need to get your frig installed for cold drinks! cheers

Do you know what kind of cruise it is? Some were aftermarket ARA like the AC systems.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
First thing we need to get your frig installed for cold drinks! cheers

Do you know what kind of cruise it is? Some were aftermarket ARA like the AC systems.

I will bring an ice chest for the beer. The Fridge should be a pretty easy job, I will have the old one out before I leave here. The vent should be the only hassle. we will need hardware. Perhaps we will find a Cabinet door at a salvage store for the area left over above.

I am pretty sure it is not the original cruise, it does have a vacuum motor drive, I will have to check if there is a cable to the speedometer or if anything else supplies the control input. the on/off control button I am pretty sure is aftermarket too. Have not checked it closely so not much info, if it ever warms and I get my other stuff finished, I will get some better information.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Probably all of them, Duane.

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably all of them, Duane.

Spoken like a true Barther. Tooling Along

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Duane have you talked wifey into coming to Milford?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
Duane have you talked wifey into coming to Milford?

Mary, I am not sure, so far she has not fully committed, I remain hopeful!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I think me and Tom's drinking buddy are going to make it. It's between music festivals. Thanks for putting this together Richard.
Bill

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post