Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2016
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Too bad you guys won't be making it. The 3 of you have always been die-hard GTG attenders and you will be missed. William, we are pretty serious about taking the Barth over to Sebring in March for the 12 hours. Check out their site and give it some consideration. It's a massive party and some great racing.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

Deb and I are leaving around noon tomorrow and should be at the park around 3 pm. See you when you get there. Small group but we will have great weather, good food and lots of spirits. Sorry to hear about those that can't make it.

Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I will miss you folks. Hoping to make it next year. A great time for all. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ed, Suzie and I will be there Friday morning sometime. Hopefully our site will be available but we might have to wait til 1 or so to get in it.
Steve, wish you guys could have made it but hope we see you when you do get down this way. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a couple sites at Ortona.
Looking forward to a fine weekend at Hillsborough!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We always have a great time in Florida with our Barth buddies. Really would like to be there. Enjoy your weekend!

We are looking at plans now for the 2017 Florida trip. We may start out with a visit to NE Texas where my sister winters. From there we will follow the gulf around your way. Hoping to spend a week at Williston, Port Charlotte area, then Ortona area for late Feb, on to the Keys for March as usual.

Hoping to have the VW toad ready. Engine work continues now that deer season is over. (The deer were safe, they only come out at night. I have many pictures of a 10 point buck laughing at me….) ROTFLMAO

See you soon.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The cancellation worked out for the best - Nelson has an infection, and I'll take him in later today...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Cancelling the trip turned out to be fortuitous, and Nelson had severe swelling in his scrotum, and meds Thursday didn't lower it; I took him back to his regular vet yesterday; they were dealing with major surgery on another dog and couldn't get to Nelson. So he got neutered today, revealing that one of his testicles was infected. He's doing fine.

I had to take the cone off, not because it bothered Nelson, but Chester was snarling and barking at it - and he rarely barks.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Rusty

Hope he's ok. Danny and I are having a toast to wish him well.

See you next GTG

Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HI folks have always wanted to attend the Hillsbough GTG. This is my 1st year south this early. Is there any space for my Barth Sunday & Monday? My dog Lucy has finally had her puppies & we are ready to travel. 91 Breakaway 190 hp 28 ft. .8 not spoiled yet border collies. Paul Finley. Finally homeless & living in my Barth a dream come true.

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Go here:

http://floridastateparks.reser...ode=FL&parkId=281037

I don't know if my spot (Site #63, cancelled Weds) has been taken.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Suzie and I made it home fine. The vapor lock demon showed up again, but it's just a minor inconvenience. Gonna give my cousin a shot at it. He's an ace wrench especially with GM and Quadrajets.
Paul [Baby Barth] made it yesterday and we picked out our new pup. Taking the runt, a female, and Blue is the leading name in my mind. Can't get her for a while, [her eyes aren't even open!], but looking forward to it.
Evan and Holly showed up Friday for a visit, and Billy and Janice showed Saturday and stayed till yesterday afternoon. After getting about half packed yesterday I made the executive decision to stay until today.
The weather was incredible and I can say everyone had a good time. I'm really looking forward to next year, hoping to meet some more Barth folks and see our new friends again.
Not sure if anyone got any pix but if you did, please post them.

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I really wanted to be there. (It snowed here last night!) head bang

Make it the next weekend next year! I can't leave here until Dec 1 so a few days later would do it. If Deb and Ed are there we'll have a fine pair to admire. (COACHES, COACHES!) ROTFLMAO

I miss you guys, Danny we'll see you this winter. Take care.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I'm glad those folks got to stop by. We really hate missing this one. It has become the beginning of the Christmas season for us. Looking forward to next year. On the upside I got to see one of Katie's violin performances that I don't usually get to see.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there Danny & Suzie glad to hear you got home fine, this might not be appropriate but checking in with you about princess Blue ,she has become a beautiful little dog just getting teeth everybody wants her but you have first dibbs, people ,s circumstances change do you still want her ,she has developed quite noticeable marling & blacker face no wonder everyone chooses her . Perhaps email me forrestwithin@hotmail .com Thanks Paul Finley

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Paul Finley, you should try this page if you prefer to keep the conversation between you and Danny. It is a Personal Message page to any member you choose. You can also access it from this other page. Under the date there is a list of quick links and the last choice is PM. It will also bring you to the Private Message Page.

I hope the little site navigation tips will help ease your use as a member here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post