Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2016
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
It looks like sites 51A and 51B are available Fri night. That's not too far from us. I don't see anything open on Sat night, but you could keep checking and if someone cancels you can grab it.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Evan & Holly will be coming for a day trip so we can meet everyone only because we have a family reunion thatweek but still looking forward to meeting and seeing all the Barth people can't wait yea coming for the day

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,all. I currently own Nick and Donna Cagle's '93 Regency and am a full-timer as of August. I'd love to make the gtg but am committed as a volunteer at Stephen Foster State Park in White Springs, FL through December. Early December is our Festival of Lights so we're crazy busy then.
If anyone is coming through White Springs on their way to or from the gtg, please let me know. I've never seen another Barth in person and would love to. Hope you guys have a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Rhonda

Posts: 3 | Location: Tennessee | Member Since: 07-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Without creating a thread drift I want to know how you were able to Vouleteer so quickly?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It's not who you know. It's timing and persistence.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evan & Holly will be leaving from New Jersey on the 26th at 6am anyone who is heading down for the GTG and would like to caravan with us let me know it will be our maiden trip would love to hookup with anyone heading down to Flordia

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Evan & Holly:
Evan & Holly will be leaving from New Jersey on the 26th at 6am anyone who is heading down for the GTG and would like to caravan with us let me know it will be our maiden trip would love to hookup with anyone heading down to Flordia

I've stayed at and recommend the following RV parks:

RVacation, I-95, Selma, NC Exit 98. An excellent Italian restaurant delivers.

New Green Acres, I-95, Walterboro, SC Exit 53

Coastal Georgia RV Park, I-95, Brunswick, GA, Exit 29

Best route is to take FL A1A west at Yulee, FL Exit 373; this is four lane except nearing Baldwin.

Pick up US 301 (straight through the intersection in Callahan). At Baldwin, after right turn (just past the overpass), stay in left lane, because 301 has a left turn.

Stay on US 301 through Lawtey (MAJOR speed trap!) and Starke (major choke point). Watch speed limit before (at the Flea Market) and through Waldo (although their PD has been disbanded).

North of Ocala, west or SR 326, 4 miles to I-75.

At I-75 Exit 301, take US 98 east. It turns right in about 4 miles., and merges into US 301. IMPORTANT! At Dade City, just after the overpass, get in left lane so you can take the bypass; this is an unsignalled turn.

Continue through Zephyrhills to HRSP on the right. There is what looks like an entrance "North Entrance", but it's not open. The main entrance has a turn lane and is well marked.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That said, It's possible I may have to cancel; I got 2 new tires on the Barth today and the tech noticed a bad U-joint and broken tranny mount. Hopefully, it'll be done in time to preflight, pack, and go.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We've done 301 up through the state in the Barth and it's a fine trip, much more relaxing than white knuckling 75 and 10.
Rusty, sure hope you can get things squared away, wouldn't be the same without you and the French Onion soup! On that note, does anyone have any input regarding food? We've always had visiting food and wine time Friday night and a potluck style dinner Saturday night.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We're finally within the 10 day weather forcast. Looking good so far. http://www.aol.com/weather/for...mpa/geo27.95_-82.46/

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You're killing me, man. I wish I could get out of here in time to make it. We got 10, yes TEN confusion inches of snow on Saturday with a low of 28. It was record HIGH 68 degrees on Friday the day before!! head bang

98Barth is ready except for packing. The VW engine is going back together. Soon, soon we can head south, I hope.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
One of these years I will make it to the December GTG in Florida. Would be great to meet up again. Have fun guys!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Should have posted yesterday, but it's unlikely I'll make the GTG, as the Barth won't be ready in time to get everything done... Frowner

I've not yet cancelled my reservation, which is from Thu 12/1-Tue 12/6.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Definitely have to cancel. If anyone is interested in going, let me know so you'll know when I cancel my reservation.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
That's a bummer Rusty. Unfortunately we're going to have to cancel too. Sherrie has been detailed to Montgomery, AL since the beginning of Nov. and will be there til at least Jan. She just found out that she is going to have to be in the office Fri. and Mon. which makes it impossible for us to get to FL. We're very disappointed, this GTG is a fixture for us and we have been looking forward to it all year. I haven't cancelled yet so my spot will be available as well. We love the campground and are going to miss seeing the folks. Hopefully we can make a trip down to FL later and catch up with Danny and Suzie.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post