Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2016
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I know I said I wouldn't put together another GTG but we had a lot of fun last month so I changed my mind. I'm looking for input about the date. I'm looking at either Dec. 2 or 9. The A-Liners told me they will not be at Hillsborough next year, so it should be easier to get a site, but I still wouldn't wait too long. The loop from 52 to 67 is very nice and I'd like to keep everyone in that area. I want to make a decision by next weekend [Jan.9], so if you're interested let me know which date would be best for you. Also, here is the Reservation Page. http://floridastateparks.reser...ode=FL&parkId=281037

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

Them 2nd would be better for us and if so we will be there.

Deb & Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ditto on 12/2/16

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
As I said, I'd give everyone a week, so I'm posting Dec. 2-6, 2016, as the dates for the Florida GTG. See the first post in this thread for reservation and site info. Suzie and I will be in site 60. 58 is kind of skinny but OK, 59 is nice, 57 was Rusty's last year. 53,54,and 55 are improved, with bordered crushed shell drives. 61 is nice and big, 63 is nice 64 was Stinky Daddy's last year65 is nice and private as is 67.
You have to make your own reservations through the above link, and there is a cancellation fee, [I think 17 bucks], but the sooner the better, as this park fills faster every year. If you make a reservation let us know so we can put you on the map.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Why not do this in January or February after the holidays? Too much going on in December getting ready for Christmas. Also it is much colder in January and February up north which is a good reason to go to Florida. Hope I am not raining on anybody's parade.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Yep.. That's what I've been thinking also... Most people are still recovering from the holidays (If they
did them right)... And bike week in daytona beach is in early May also (been 30+ times in the spring and 18 times to Biketoberfest (slow learner).. Good time on the way down or back..

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
That's something worth discussing for next year. Back about 10 years ago Suzie and I decided to go camping the first weekend of December and posted it here in case anybody wanted to join us. What started as a small gathering grew over the years, as you can see by the pics from past GTGs. The last couple years attendance has fallen off, but we have a good time anyway. My only concerns with changing to the first part of the year would be weather, which has USUALLY been nice, but could be colder in Jan. or Feb., [47 this am], and sites would have to be reserved much earlier if we kept it at Hillsborough. Winter weekends sell out within days of the one year max for reservations.
Let's keep this open to discussion and all options are welcome, but for this year, we're going Dec.2-5.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

Site 067 1st to the 5th.

Se ya

ED & Deb

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We're in site 61 Thurs thru Sun.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Site 63 Thurs-Mon. A couple of sites in the range are still available.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Now that Allegan is in the books perhaps some of you might be thinking about Florida in December. Just checked and there are a few sites available in our area. 57, 58, 68, and 69. I wouldn't wait much longer if you want to make reservations.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to join us at the Fla. GTG there are still a few sites available within walking distance of us. Check out sites 71, 73, 76, and 51b, which is a handicap paved site.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
This mornings check shows the park sold out for the weekend. If you still want to come to the GTG the only option now is to check the reservation site daily to see if anyone cancels. Or watch here to see if one of our members can't make it and you can get the site. Of course, if anyone is within driving range and wants to make a day trip of it, you will be more than welcome.

79 Barth Classic

posted Hide Post
Well I would like to know if there are any trips to flordia or any south bound trips this year left on the calendar we will be leaving November16th for Flordia if anyone has a trip planned let us know It will be our Maden trip after the Barth makeover is the Gtg still on for Dec in Hillsboro flordia would love to see all the Other Barths and owners let me know Evan & Holly Thanks

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Deb and I will be arriving on the Dec.1 Have a good trip and hopefully see you at the GTG

Ed.