Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2015? Milford ??? ...or????
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2015? Milford ??? ...or????
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Who is going to be the 'wagonmaster' this year?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We've been kicking around a different site for 2016.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Recommend we don't go east or southeast. There are many great areas in the central region of the country. May have a better chance getting more participation from folks living in the west coast area.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Branford, MO, and San Antonio, TX, have been mentioned (I've spent time in both, and they're nice - but hot and humid in the summer). After Milford III, the Cagles, Johns, and I had a great time at Traverse City, MI, touring wine country.

Sadly, there aren't a whole lot of "activity centers" in the Midwest, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
I vote Branson. I live about 100 miles from there and I know the area plus I can help get things set up. And... San Antonio would be nice too.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Traverse City is really close and really nice but I didn't make Branson last time, I'd give it a try! Thumbs Up

Still looking forward to working on and running the coach some more, then on to Florida in about 4 weeks. Cool

(It was only 10 below last night… let me out of here.) confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
My vote is for Branson 2016. I was also wondering how many would be interested in Chattanooga around May/June.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Raccoon Mtn last time, I would do it again. Maybe we should start some new threads for these? Thumbs Up cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
From ccctimtation:

"Pere Marquette State Park in Illinois (a CCC built facility) is near the junction of the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers. It has its own recreational options of scenery, hiking etc. plus it is near Grafton, Il which is at the junction of the Il and Ms rivers. Lots of booze, food and views. I could bring the boat up and take a dozen or so for river views which are much better than the road view. The road view is good, it is a designated scenic drive."

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
ccctimtation, I really like your idea of Pere Marquette State Park. Would we do this for this year or save it for 2016, and what time of year would be best?

I have met Tim and his wife and they would fit in well with this crazy bunch.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
We got floods in the Spring unless they come in the Summer or sometimes not at all. That doesn't affect the camping or traveling but inhibits boating. Fall often is fabulous since there are several micro-climates along the bluffs between Alton and Grafton. Not sure I could recommend an optimum time since it is the mid-west, sometimes you sweat other times you sweat more. Of course that is only true between March and November, sometimes. As a friend of mine once stated: "The group that sweats together sticks together."
A link http://tinyurl.com/Riverbendarea

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Early March 2016 sounds good to me, what say you? Would this work for most people?

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
After a couple of nights WAY below zero, that sweating actually sounds good! Cool

I would be interested in any of these trips, I got seriously stalled last summer with the power train mods. We'll be ready this summer! Tooling Along

I'm usually in the Keys during March but April would be ideal.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
A GTG on the Mississippi would mean close to St Louis. The Arch (anniversary) The Hill for food, the Zoo and gardens (oldest gardens west of the Mississippi) The brewery, Grants farm, St Charles food, drink and shopping on the river. Antiques on Apache St The boat , that other baseball team. Look any of these up and see the wide range of fun for all ages. Disclaimer Audrey and I like St Louis for a long weekend. All who wander are not lost. Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post