Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2015? Milford ??? ...or????
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2015? Milford ??? ...or????
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
I understand regional GTG are generated locally by folks in their region so please forgive me but I thought the discussion was about a more national GTG so my comments were in response to the comments that "a different site for 2016 was being considered" and that "there aren't a whole lot of activity centers in the Midwest, so any suggestions would be appreciated".

On another note:
quote:
Actually, the geocenter of the Continental US (lower 48) is Atchison, KS

According to Wikipedia the geographical center of the contiguous U.S. is located about 2.6 miles (4.2 km) northwest of the center of Lebanon, Kansas at 39°50′N 98°35′W.

Cheers,

Mike

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
"Build it and they will come." cheers

Pick a spot, announce well in advance, see what happens….

I know RainCatcher and I started the Black Hills GTG. Neither of us made it, But I was informed that those in the dozen or so coaches that made it had a good time.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and I planned the Milford thing and then didn't make it! Best GTG I never went to…

With my Barth projects moving along, I should be able to make the GTGs again. Hope to see folks soon. I'm in for Barthober for sure.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

We had such a good trip and great time with everyone last spring that we'll try to make the 2016 GTG wherever it lands.

We haven't traveled much so anyplace will be a new experience and a fun time.

Given Minnesota's unpredictable weather, it's hard to plan for when we'll be able to get Tonka out of winter storage, serviced and ready for travel.

After last year's real winter, we couldn't bring her home until mid May.

Unless we get an early spring, late May to early June or later would work best for us.

We're hoping to do a trip to the Seattle area this summer. If that works out, it will limit our other summer/fall trips.

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Hi Wally,

If you make it to Seattle I hope you will give us a call. We would love to meet and greet you, even take you to a good seafood restaurant or what ever.

Cheers,

Mike & Karen

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Sorry I only gave a list of things to do before or after a GTG. When in Milford we stay around for as much time as we can. All who wander are not lost

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Bill G and I would gladly host another NE Barth-in. I'd also like to return to Milford in 2016 as its kind of a tradition. Also a great place to get RV parts.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Tom Johns, Nick Cagle and I were kicking around another GTG at Breaux Bridge...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RainCatcher:
Hi Wally,

If you make it to Seattle I hope you will give us a call. We would love to meet and greet you, even take you to a good seafood restaurant or what ever.

Cheers,

Mike & Karen
Hello Mike and Karen.Dont know if you where referring to to Campbell river Wally .

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
I'm Sorry, I was responding to "Tonka" Wally who said
quote:
We're hoping to do a trip to the Seattle area this summer.
Sorry for the confusion. However, if you make it to Seattle the same offer stands for you!
Cheers,
Mike

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard_Muise:
Bill G and I would gladly host another NE Barth-in. I'd also like to return to Milford in 2016 as its kind of a tradition. Also a great place to get RV parts.

Now that the Canadian dollar today is only
1.00 USD = 1.26618 CAD
of the US
why not travel to the Canadian east coast??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RainCatcher:
I'm Sorry, I was responding to "Tonka" Wally who said
quote:
We're hoping to do a trip to the Seattle area this summer.
Sorry for the confusion. However, if you make it to Seattle the same offer stands for you!
Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike, you are welcome to visit me on Vancouver island if ever you are around,as you know or dollar is low,diesel,probably high,you would probably fill up at home,I would take you fishing,Last year, the runs were back to the good old days,around Campbell river.Your Canadian neighbour Wally p

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard_Muise:

Having planned the last Milford GTG and then couldn't make it, I'd go again! head bang
Besides it is not that far from me. With the new engine installed I should be ready for more GTGs. Tooling Along I have always enjoyed the company of the Barth group, looking forward to many more events. cheers Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Quote from Wally P
quote:
you are welcome to visit me on Vancouver island

Or you might join us in Lake Chelan Crush GTG in early October. Big Grin

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,

I appologize for any confusion I caused.

I missed RainCatcher's post and invitiation from 1/18/15.

We are in the very early considering/planning stage for the possible trip to Seattle.

The purpose of the trip would be to bring my mom and her sister (both 90+) and our families together for the first time in a very long time.

The trip depends entirely on their health and welfare.

If their health holds and we can work out a safe and comfortable trip for them to get together, we'll hope to be in Seattle for two to three days in late spring/early summer.

RainCatcher, we'd really like to meet and make some new west coast friends. I'll contact you and let you know our plans if the trip works out as hoped. Tooling Along

Again, sorry for the inattentiveness and any confusion caused.

Thanks,
Tonka's Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post