Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2015? Milford ??? ...or????
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2015? Milford ??? ...or????
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
"I was also wondering how many would be interested in Chattanooga around May/June." (Mary Ray)

Doing Pigeon Forge in May (27-29).

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
I will come to Chattanooga, if we have enough I will try to help on it. I will be gone after May 26 for 3 weeks.

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
I'm in for Chattanooga...

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that if the PLACES are too inconvenient then you won't get the FACES. How about somewhere around Kansas City, Kansas which is only 258 mile east of the geographical center of the U.S. (Lebanon, Kansas). There is lots to see and do around KS as well as great steaks and BBQ.

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Do it! A good excuse to visit my sisters in Denver also. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
We should go to Lubbock, then, I guess:
Most Boring Cities in the US Sleeping

Being on the West Coast, I of course agree with RainCatcher...too far east is a bit tough.

I really want to make it to a GTG or two this year.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RainCatcher:
It seems to me that if the PLACES are too inconvenient then you won't get the FACES. How about somewhere around Kansas City, Kansas which is only 258 mile east of the geographical center of the U.S. (Lebanon, Kansas). There is lots to see and do around KS as well as great steaks and BBQ.

Actually, the geocenter of the Continental US (lower 48) is Atchison, KS. I've been to KCMO ~15 times in the last 10 years (I have about 20 relatives around KC, and about 100 within 75 miles; one sister works in KC and lives in Lathrop). There are a few attractions around KC. There are only a handful of RV Parks.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Yes, I understand that the main event is every two years, but there was talk in this thread of perhaps other gatherings this year.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Yep, Every two years, so 2016 is the target.

I was just sayin' that we're going to Pigeon Forge in May, this year.

I like Rusty's idea of Kansas as to the Geocenter of our USA. Reachable by most, if not all.

Still just sayin'.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Other than Ed, there has not been much participation in GTGs from west of the Rockies. Even the Black Hills GTG with the hope of bringing in some west coasters ended up with all Barthers commings from the East.

Although nothing special the Elkhart Fairground works well with us. No non refundable reservations.Full hook ups, reasonable rates. For 2016 this still has my vote.

Enjoyed Chattahoochie. Go karts are fun. Game for Branson too.

At this point I am planning on Barthmobile II the 3rd weekend of October.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
OK, I am going to set up a get together for Chattanooga. I will make a separate post when I get some info from Raccoon Mountain.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Appears we have a toss-up... Chattanooga vs somewhere more central like Kansas City or Kansas. I would rather be more central and possibly getting more people from the west to join in. Is there anyway we can vote on this?

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
there has not been much participation in GTGs from west of the Rockies

One of the main reasons there is little participation from the west coast is that it is 2,200 mile from the west coast over the Rockies to Elkhart. The furthest any one has to go from the east coast (Key West,FL) is 1,500 miles and no Rockies. Just saying.

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The distances are why there are/have been regional GTGs, and folks in regions such as the West Coast are encouraged to produce their own. We have one in mid-FL in December, there have been several in New England, and in Chattanooga. Certainly there are locations in CA, OR, and WA that would be appealing to those somewhat near.

Elkhart was chosen due to its location near the old Barth factory.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
"Build it and they will come." cheers

Pick a spot, announce well in advance, see what happens….

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post