Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Raccoon Mountain/Choochoo TN GTG ?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Raccoon Mountain/Choochoo TN GTG ?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the map Stinky Daddy, would have done it myself but do not know how.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sweet! This thing is turning out nicely. Can't wait!

Liz and I are looking forward to the trip back from Florida via Tennessee. This time we'll have our totally unspoiled cat and a motorcycle, too.

Then there's Black Hills in June and maybe Branson in Sep? This year we do the Florida Dec GTG also. Life is so good. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Rick & Marcia
posted Hide Post
nice job!
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:

Fall River, WI
Year:: 1985, 1985
Model:: 22-FP1 28-FP3
Length:: 22' 28'
Engine:: 454 Chevy 7.4 w/3 speed auto both coaches
Data Tag Number:: 8506 3225 22FP1 / 8504 3204 28FP3

For Wi and UW/Bucky fans please look at marciasparks.com

Posts: 96 | Location: Fall River, WI | Member Since: 10-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Checked with the campground and NO FIREWOOD can be brought in from ANY WHERE . We are working on getting some from a local source that will deliver it to the campground. Will let you know what I find out hopefully tomorrow.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Now what about "wooden wheel chocks?" They look just like firewood but they are for the coach!

We just burn them when we're done using them... ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary for the updates. I guess they need to inform their staff about that. I'm sure you'll find someone to provide the wood.
Let me know what I can do.

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
This is not a rule made to extort money from campers. They have healthy ash trees in the area and wish to keep them that way. Emerald ash borers are a devastating insect that has decimated millions of ash trees across the country. They are known to be transported in firewood and the campground people have no way of knowing where firewood comes from so they have to ban all outside firewood. Woodworkers understand, and we hope everyone else will too.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We are living in a county with a firewood transport ban. Not only the ash trees also the black walnut (blight) and the hemlock (aphids) are under attack. And I nurture a chestnut tree in my backyard, an offspring of a neighboring survivor tree. In the 1930s they got almost completely extinct by a disease. Soooo as much as I hate to pay for firewood I buy it at the campgrounds. But I hope we can figure out a local deal, maybe a group discount Smiler

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I hope it works. Michigan was in denial about ash borers, did not ban transport until over 10 million ash trees were dead... too late.

We burned a lot of local dead ash for several years. In all that time, I never saw one borer, just exit holes. I don't believe there are live bugs in the trees by the time they have died and dried.

The adult borers lay eggs under the thin bark at the branch ends. The eggs hatch and the larva bore their way along the cambium, under the bark, mature, then leave via a D shaped hole to mate and attack a fresh tree. The tree then dies.

By the time the tree has been dead for a year and is seasoned firewood there are no more borers or eggs.

I believe the biggest problem is when the half dead trees are cut down, chipped and transported, often by well meaning landscapers and municipalities. These chips are full of adults, larva and eggs and are often used for mulch!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I certainly respect the rule and have no intention of breaking that rule. Just out of curiosity I looked at Craigslist today and there are people in the area that sell firewood so I am sure this will not be a kink in our plan to have F U N.

But the wooden tire chock was pretty funny.

Mary

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
The only creatures in our firewood are wooly caterpillars and black widow spiders (killed two yesterday) Frowner

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Since many of the friends for whom I go to the astro-thingies in NY in April won't be attending, I'm going to sign up tomorrow for this 'un, probably Site 19 (leaving room in 18 for the Cagles).

Where firewood is concerned, I have a bunch of finished oak molding; I suspect that, being finished lumber, those would be OK to bring to burn.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Rusty, so glad you are going to be able to attend, wouldn't be the same without you, Casey and Nelson. Smiler Tooling Along

Mary