Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Raccoon Mountain/Choochoo TN GTG ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Raccoon Mountain/Choochoo TN GTG ?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'm going caving. We live about 2 miles from The Lost Sea in East Tn & went there for the 2nd time in 10 yrs with the 6 1/2 yr old triplets. Had a blast. One of my grandsons was so excited he didn't stop talking for the entire 2 hr. tour. I've never seen anyone sooooooooo excited to be in a cave. What a joy!!! I love seeing things through children.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Friday night will be the Traditional wine and cheese extravaganza. Each Barther is requested to show up with two bottles of wine produced in their area and any snack type food that they prefer.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm working on making this trip - assuming the house-for-sale doesn't intrude - I'm trying to arrange the family visits to PA and NJ before the NY stop...then I can go to PA/NJ after Raccoon Mtn.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Tere, I will be greeting the attendees but the pizza and margueritas will have to wait until Friday night. Will work on the banner though! Big Grin

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
I am going go-carting! Mary, I have a large "barthmobile" banner already made up for an earlier goth but could not make it. Will send pic when I get a chance.
Rusty sure hope you can make it, you will be missed.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Ray and Anne

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Walker is planning to go caving as well. He's been on some caving trips before and he's looking forward to it.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Ray, banner would be nice, bring it with you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there and hope Rusty can fit it in with his travels.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Well, this GTG has gotten Elise and I to thinking. It's at the tail-end of my school vacation and we would have to leave Sat. or early Sunday to get home for work Monday morning. Twelve hour trip home at least... but thinking maybe visit her father and brother (Raleigh and Knoxville) the week before and finish the trip out with a Barth GTG. It would be nice to put real people to the names and posts I read around here.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Kirk and Elise, we would be glad to see you at the GTG, hope you can work it out,

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary! We hope it can work for us. Go-karts are especially high on my "must do" vacation list!

And don't be surprised if Elise takes the flag... she already practices go-karting full-time in good weather with her Miata. Smiler

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Talked to the campground this morning and we are going to try to find a local person that can supply us with firewood as we are not allowed to bring our own (which is a shame because I have 20 acres of woods) I also inquired about the shelter and they are building it now and did not know if it would be finished by April. Guess we will have to see if it is finished by the time we need it and if not we will come up with something else for the potluck and wine extravaganza. Think positive thoughts for fair weather that weekend. Smiler

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Rick & Marcia
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be nice to put real people to the names and posts I read around here.

How true. Marcia is online right now making reservations. Hope to see a good turnout and all the Barths!! I'm wondering if I should bring both? Ha! also looks like a real good choice for fun Mary!

Posts: 96 | Location: Fall River, WI | Member Since: 10-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Rick and Marcia, we always have fun at GTG's, let me know what site you get so I can add you to the list.

It is my goal sometime in life to bring my Barth motorhome pulling my Barth trailer. Guess you could drive one and your wife drive the other Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Rick & Marcia
posted Hide Post
Hi Mary,
We just reserved space #15 for the 5,6,7th.
See you then!

Marcia and Rick

Fall River, WI
Year:: 1985, 1985
Model:: 22-FP1 28-FP3
Length:: 22' 28'
Engine:: 454 Chevy 7.4 w/3 speed auto both coaches
Data Tag Number:: 8506 3225 22FP1 / 8504 3204 28FP3

For Wi and UW/Bucky fans please look at marciasparks.com

Posts: 96 | Location: Fall River, WI | Member Since: 10-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Rick and Marcia I have added you to the list of attendees (page 4). Looking forward to meeting all of you then.

Mary