Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Raccoon Mountain/Choochoo TN GTG ?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Raccoon Mountain/Choochoo TN GTG ?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Which one are you bringing, I am bringing the 1975 known as the Flintstone Mobile or "Fred".

See ya in a couple of days.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Rick & Marcia
posted Hide Post
Lookin' forward to it Smiler I'm bringing the the 28' SilverSlug,so called because I am going to strip the paint off of it and polish it. Ah, the luxury of it all.

I'm also bringing my best friend Teddy, my b/w tuxedo cat!! We'll be on the road for eleven days. Wife has unexpected medical issues. Has to stay for medical appts. Nothing serious. Just has to be dealt with.

Really looking forward to meeting you and all the Barth friends.

Fall River, WI
Year:: 1985, 1985
Model:: 22-FP1 28-FP3
Length:: 22' 28'
Engine:: 454 Chevy 7.4 w/3 speed auto both coaches
Data Tag Number:: 8506 3225 22FP1 / 8504 3204 28FP3

For Wi and UW/Bucky fans please look at marciasparks.com

Posts: 96 | Location: Fall River, WI | Member Since: 10-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Latest weather does not look good for Thursday Frowner
But that aside here is the rest (much better):
Wed 61/46 sun, then increasing clouds
Thu 55/46 80% periods of rain (yikes)
Fri 65/43 clouds and sun
Sat 73/52 sunny and warmer
Sun 76/53 sunny
Mon 77/55 sunny
Tue 78/57 (grrrrrumble) sun ...

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Doris - Any chance of you making lemon poppy seed cookies?

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Any body there yet? We were supposed to leave today but had two funerals to attend. Will leave some time tomorrow according to weather. Hope to see everyone soon. Take everyone and safe travel. Mary my son that lives in Tn is bringing some wood with him. Anne and Ray

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the banner and the guitar. I am here with son David, Rusty is next door, then Tom and Nancy, then Nick, Donna and Darrel and Marvin and Doris are across the street.

See ya tomorrow.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We're here. and in your absence celebrated on your behalf...You overindulged and, well, were "entertaining" Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Well, 'Old Blue' won't be making the trip to Chattanooga this year. Water pump bad, don't have time to get it ready. We may still come anyway and rent one of the cabins. Will let you know. In the meantime, any suggestions on replacement would be appreciated. Want to buy a new, American made, high performance pump. More later.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bummer. Call the park - AFAIK, there are no cabins available... Frowner

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Talked to the front desk and all the cabins are rented. They will call us if there is a cancellation. Will look at the Days Inn at the exit on I24. We could still socialize and bring the four bottles of Tennessee wine and the four bricks of Tennessee cheese with us Smiler
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There are also a Best Western and Holiday Inn Express at the exit.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Lots of motels are available at exit 174, the same exit to come to the campground. Campground is 1.3 miles from the exit.

Mary

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Made it here about 2PM. 45 degrees! (Tell me again why we left Florida?)

Good to see our Barth friends again! I'll post some photos tomorrow. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Jim, hope things work out so you both can come. You are going to have get that mechanic on the ball. Come on down. Ray and Ann

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
We'll be down Saturday morning with wine and cheese. Plan to stay for the festivities Saturday afternoon and Saturday night. Will stay at Days Inn at exit 174 and leave Sunday AM. Tere has to be back 1PM Sunday afternoon.
What started as a simple, change the belts, job, has turned into something more complicated. In addition to the leaking water pump, the lower radiator hose was being rubbed by the alternator belt and would have worn thru fairly soon. Also, all the hoses for the hydro boost system are worn and need immediate replacement. Then there's the question about the smog pump. And since we bought a new alternator designed for a 'battery separator', we have to install the separator and that will involve a fair amount of rewiring. Looks like we're in dry dock for a while.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B