Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2012 Suggestions
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
My suggestion for a Camp Hatteras GTG would be for next year, as this year is out. Don't have to go to Camp Hatteras, that was the only one I found online that seemed like they could accommodate a GTG. I know of a few "SOB" owners that would probably want to join us and their rigs range from 31-42 feet. Checking out their pricing for the time of year I would want to go (not interested in a summer trip there), it's $60-65 per night. But I have no problem saving money and staying next door or somewhere else, as I have never been down to that area in my life. If folks are interested enough in a GTG there next year, we can start doing some snooping. And maybe Ray can give us some insight from his trip there in October.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Sorry but we will not pay $60/night for camping. That is over the top. End of Oct in Asheville might be tricky because of leaf watchers. "Our" Bandy Creek Campground in the Big South Fork Natl Recreatio area offers water/elec on a paved site for $22/night (senior discounts available), also got CoE park called Ragland bottoms and Lillydale for around $24/night on the lake. Bandy Creek got horsebackriding, ATV trails, daytrip to Blue Heron Coal mine (train ride) and on I 75 in Norris TN the Museum of Appalachia (highly recommended). Got astronomy programs and ghost stories in the fall. Mennonite community also nearby (sorghum festival). Would consider the Ocoee River, that sounds nice too.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
One just wants to make sure that if you try to organize a "national" or "regional" GTG that you find a place that will accept up to a 40' coach, as you do not want to restrict any Barth owners. Not that any 40' Barth's will attend, but you could have owners of a 36-38' Barth definitely interested......
Oooop's--REVISION: Make that a 43' coach 'cause we want Corey to be able to attend also Thumbs Up!
Now, if your just putting together a local camping trip and want other Barth owners to know where you will be if they want to join you that's a different story...
And on a side note and a thread drift...I gotta get out of this Northeast area and come down South or go West where you can find a campground for $20-25 or so dollars hmm!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oooop's--REVISION: Make that a 43' coach 'cause we want Corey to be able to attend also Thumbs Up!

Hey Bruce, Thanks for thinking of me Cool

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm not an "expert" on GTGs, but I am sort of a "grizzled veteran", having been to many. The real appeal was to meet other Barth owners, rather than to go to local sites. In short, the value was in the hospitality and congeniality of other owners.

IMHO, a GTG site (including timing) should be convenient (or possible) or the greatest number of Barthers, with nearby attractions a secondary factor.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We agree with Rusty, only one extra requirement beside meeting other Barthers: a campfire Big Grin
Just nothing like sitting around a fire.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Camping without a campfire is like dinner without food.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Tina here...well spoken Smiler

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post