Tools
Reply To This Topic

2012 Suggestions
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I would suggest eastern Tenn along 81, but not down in the middle of Pigeon Forge/Dollywood as the traffic is pretty horrific. If we were a little north of there it could easily be driven to and Asheville isn't that far either.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
How about Chattanooga again? Ray

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
DuPont State Park southwest of Asheville in Transanvania County has great waterfalls. This county has the greatest number of waterfalls of any county in US. Gettysburg mite be nice in 2014 as it will be 150th Ann. of battle. Milford folks would be nice to vist with agian. Vote early vote often. Thumbs Down Thumbs Up South Dakota has Spear Fish Canyon as in Dances with Wolves. Minn. along the Mississippi has eagles,food, fish,food, cliffs,food, antiques, food, crawfish (littleins).

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Nick : Is the ballot getting too long? ROTFLMAO

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
No one wants to go to NY... Roll Eyes

Not true - I'm in NY for the annual astro-imaging conference and trade show I always go to in Suffern.

quote:
Make sure you fill up before entering NY and have enough fuel to get you OUT of NY! For Rusty's sake, make it close to a border.

I top off in PA, although Suffern is only about 8 miles from a Pilot truck stop, as well as an independent, in MahWah, NJ. Got enough fuel to get well back into PA on return. I would point out that while my tank is small, fuel economy is close to 12 mpg, but that would hurt the feelings of some folks, so I won't... hide

Anyway, Racoon Mtn or Goshen is fine by me. MN is a bit far; locations more central are most apealing otherwise.

As far as "regional" GTGs, there have been ones in MI, MA, and FL. The DC GTG was also excellent (side trip to Annapolis isn't too appealing to me, as I spent 4 years there...Wink ) The "National" GTGs at TN, IN, and DC were fairly well attended.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
TN sounds OK for me. A day's drive from my SE MI house. Looking forward to more cruising and meeting other Barth nuts.
Still working on loose ends from the Fla maiden voyage, but looking forward to summer on the go.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5173 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Sloop, what about Memphis, we have elvis. Smiler

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We have Sgt. York, natural arches, bears, hillbillies and Walmart Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Marvin and Doris I have been to your part of the and was there for almost a week, and really enjoyed my stay there.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
I think Milford/Goshen would be a good GTG for 2013 50th year.My vote for 2012 TN or PA
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
We would consider Choo Choo town again. The campground was very nice and had enough activities to keep you happy. Should be able to hold fuel cost to $160.00 give or take......

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We'd love a TN GTG, that would be close to us. But we'll go most anywhere.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
My math gets worse with age. Try $620.00 fuel cost.............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
The fuel issue is my reasoning for suggesting "regional" GTG's. And if we post them, those who can make it will be there. Dan and the folks in FLA. along with Richard & Bill in MASS. already do one every year. Just a matter of someone planning a trip in an area and then posting it for others to join in and next thing you know...a regional GTG!
I think it is getting more difficult to get a quantity of Barths together in any particuler area. Especially with fuel prices where they are presently. And I think quite a few folks don't want to risk the possible "issues" they may encounter on a long trip from home. It seems there is a handful of folks that will travel, but most usually stay "close to home". When we chose the DC area for that GTG, it was because it was about 1/2 the distance between Maine and Florida and we hoped to pull a lot of Barths from the east coast. Had a nice showing, but with as many Barths that are shown on the east coast on the map, we should have had more. The Milford GTG seems to be the best attended? If another "national" GTG is planned for 2012, Kath and I will certainly try to make it wherever it may be. And if folks plan "regional" events, we will try to make those that we can.
There is nothing better than getting together with other Barth owners... Thumbs Up

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I like Bruce and Kathleen's idea, i.e., regional GTGs. Some would be able to go to several if they wanted to, but others, either because of time and/or expense, would go to the one closest to where they live. The two reasons we aren't going to Louisiana are both time and fuel cost. We can only be away about 6 days at a time and at least 4 of the 6 would have been spent driving.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post