Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Minnesnowta GTG June 2021 8,9,10
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ole man winter is back in full force, not quite as bad as out west, but a lot of snow scheduled for Iowa, Wes con sin, and Minnesnowta. Well June is still a few months off it may melt!!!! Mississippi river is on the rise and probably will hit flood stage before Danas' yard is snow free!!

I still dream of good conversation, hardy laughter, smoked pork butt, evening campfires, KennyJ satire music and of course adult beverages galore.

Covid second dose a few weeks off, what a relief!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
We had a big wind again, blew down a couple of dried out old apple trees, if I were a smoking expert like Dana, I would cook some pork, or beef with them for June!

Guess they will just be chopped up for firewood, for local use. Neighbor loves campfires.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure Mother Nature is just playing an April Fools joke on me. It’s 25 degrees and snowing showers.

Duane that campfire will smell great.

Remember folks if your planning on coming please get your reservations in. We don’t want to have them hold sites for us and lose bookings.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m pretty sure Mother Nature is just playing an April Fools joke on me. It’s 25 degrees and snowing showers.

What does one expect in Minnesnowta, sunshine and sandy beaches?????

I wonder if everyone that is planning to attend is listed on this thread?

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t take much to make me happy!

Midnight is off her winter spot.

Ed and I worked on the cruise last year and figured out the issue. Fixed but never road tested after final. It works great.

Exercised Midnight and went filled propane. It was empty. Ouch $180...... okay I filled 3 20s also. But still crazy.

Cruised around the lake and in my mind I could hear Wille singing “On the Road again”. felt so good.

The Minnesnowta GTG will be an early celebration with my leaving the work force. As of now retirement is 91 days 4 hours 19 minutes and........ July 3. July 4th will be our Independence Day. Opps 17 minutes but who’s counting?

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Dana; I did not realize you were that close to retirement. congrats!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Get everything done now, you won't have time once you are retired Wink

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So if the covid does not get me the city will!! Starting tomorrow they are tearing up my street it is a small court only 2 blocks long, going to repave the whole thing, with new curbs too. They left me a note today..thank you!!!

So no access to my driveway for at least 30 days!! Do I believe that time table, not on a bet it is the city of Clinton, they have not finished a project on schedule since the civil war!!!

Of course I am working on Nose in my driveway, not only do I need to test drive on occasion, but I want to make sure I can get the thing out for the Minnesnowta GTG. So I guess it is back to winter storage for nose, that limits my ability to what work can be done on it. No cam check or new heads for sure.

Good news is tomorrow spouse and I get final covid vaccine!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Nice Duane. Looking forward to it. Got-er-done

Those planning on coming please get your reservations! As many new Campers as sold this year they need to have the ability to book if we don’t need the sites.

Please!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Geez this city, they came late this afternoon with heavy equipment and tore up the street just pass my driveway. I was able to get around their equipment and get ole Nose out before losing access , My car is parked on a street a block over. The other one is in the garage and probably will be for a month.

The good thing is moving ole Nose gave me a chance to check out the new coil over shocks, what a nice improvement. Well worth the effort and the cost. Would recommend this modification to all P30 owners unless you have the weak shock mounts and can not upgrade them. The shocks I got come with new upper mounts so you can cut the weak ones off but will have to drill a mounting hole.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Talked to them today we are currently looking at 9. Not to late to get your reservation in. Should be fun. Looking forward to it!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
We're in!

We've made reservations, have been vaxed, have masks and know how to use them. Thumbs Up

Looking forward to a few days in the great outdoors with our Barth and our good friends.

Wally and Connie Tooling Along

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Wally I had her tell me who had all booked. I was scratching my head when she told me Connie? I asked for last name then it rang the bell. Ding,ding,ding! I figure Connie was trying to be stealthy hmm

Glad to hear you are coming. I was hoping you got my text. Looking forward to seeing you both.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Wow about a month away.

If you are new to the group here are some loose plans.

Tuesday. We generally have a wine taste hors d’oeuvres share evening. Folks grazing,chatting, singing, strumming. Man I miss you Kenny.

Wednesday socializing, there might be folks under or on top of Barths comparing, tweaking. Supper could be Dana smoking pork butts to share. If that’s what folks want. Everyone else supplies sides Or specialties they want to share. Wonder if anyone will take over deep fried pickles (Missing Rusty) Mainly just having a good visit and catching up.

That’s the only structure we really plan. Anyone else think of anything?

Oh yes make sure your BYOB. There may be a few tasty adult beverages consumed.

I look forward to seeing you all. Some of you it will be the first time! That is always fun to put voices and faces to names. We are all vaccinated and ready to SEE our friends.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey Dana, are there any special covid rules for out of state in Minnesnowta folks even those vaccinated?
My dog Casey has not had covid shots, probably bring him this year, Grandson has a summer job.
Road has been closed for repaving in front of my house, so did not get all the stuff done to nose that I wanted, or get to Tennessee either, way behind summer schedule. Looking forward to Maiden Rock!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine