Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    North Carolina Outer Banks Tuna Charter GTG Oct 13th 2012
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

North Carolina Outer Banks Tuna Charter GTG Oct 13th 2012
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted
Tom Johns and I have chartered a tuna fishing trip out of Oregon Inlet Fishing Center aboard the Bi-Op-Sea for Oct 13th. The yellowfin should be there! Across the road from the fishing center is the NPS Oregon Inlet Campground, which is dry camping. Who's in for a Barth Tuna GTG? We can take 6 on the boat and split the cost. The beach is right beside the campground.

Here's a link to the boat
http://www.biopsea.com/

Here's a link to the fishing center
http://www.oregon-inlet.com/

Here's a link to the campground
http://www.nps.gov/caha/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I had hoped to go, but I'll be at the Peach State Star Gaze then.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We discussed this trip at Milford and I was/am pumped! Sounds like a great time.

However, it seems family connections have intervened. Dad wants help hauling the old wooden boat around Oct 1 (Lake Superior). After that I will be on the road with Barth, heading to see 2 sisters in the Denver area, then maybe a loop north to national parks, etc. Probably won't be home till after the 13th. Had planned the west trip for Sep but sisters were both busy, so it became Oct.

Good luck fishin I hope I can make it if it happens again. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We're bummed that you can't make it Steve.
Here's a picture from one of my other trips.

If anyone is interested in going please let us know soon.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Man I'm dying here! (with envy) Looks like a blast. Hmm, if I was in Denver I could fly back to North Carolina...

Sure wish I hadn't gotten boxed in with the family time schedule. Oh well, maybe next time?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify the cost, the boat is $1700 plus tipping the mate which will put us near $2k, divided by 6 it will be around $330 each for a full day of Gulf Stream tuna fishing.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks like a blast! Do you keep the fish? Are there buyers at the dock? Big tuna are worth a lot of money from what I've heard.
I can't make it this year but maybe next, since we're switching from Talledega to Bristol for our race week.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Yes, we keep the fish. They have guys at the dock who take care of cleaning the tuna, you get a bag of meat to take home. Normally we just divide the fish up evenly among the group. I don't know anything about selling the fish. I like the charter trip, but I love to eat tuna! There's nothing like a fresh tuna steak.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
we're switching from Talledega to Bristol for our race week.

Danny,
I think you will like the change to the Bullring. Been to both Talledega and Bristol. Don,t think there a bad seat in the house. Been going to Spring race for years,and Night race a few times. Bristol under lights is awsome.
Earler this spring my 14 year old son and I were asked to help out on a friends Late Model at our local track. 16 feature wins later and 1/2 dozen top 5 we pulled off the track Championship with a retiring Dick Dunlevy Jr. driving.(65 year young. Wanted to go out on top)

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Last Call! Tom, one of his friends from FL and me are going. We will to have to open up the 3 remaining spots to non Barth folks unless we hear from you soon. If you're interested let us know asap.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of lester hannahs
posted Hide Post
Hi Just wondering if your fishing trip spots are all taken? We live in Swansboro and have a 1975 Class C and thought we might join you.
Thanks
Lester Hannahs

Posts: 13 | Location: barnesville,ohio | Member Since: 10-08-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Hey Lester,
We have six. If something should open up I'll let you know.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
About now, Nick, Tom, and SD each should be working on his 6th tuna. confusion

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Due to high winds, none of the fishing boats went out today. We are going out at 5:30 tomorrow morning.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Too bad. Frowner Have a beer. cheers Now have another...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke