Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tom Sawyer
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Assuming you mean September 7?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Not sure about that urban legend... I haven't worked in 7 years now. I gave that up as soon as I could!

Ha, It must be some other "Steve" I keep reading about. He is always working Barths, Boats, Cabins, VW or his home. Oops, maybe that is not work? Huh?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Here are some pics of the park. More to follow. I'll get some river pictures, too.

The office is on wheels for easy relocation

This is why!

Nice shade trees.

Mary Ray has a great spot at the end of the row.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Barges all the time.

Coal barge:

Fuel barge:

Some big grain barges: (30 barges, 5 wide 6 deep)

A beached riverboat in the distance:

Upstream takes a lot of power:

Even bigger: 35 barges! (5 wide 7 long)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Mary's son David and his wife showed up for dinner on Saturday. A good meal!

On Sunday we celebrated the birthday event. Another great meal with cake, too!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Miss all you guys!I had a plan but it didn't work out.

I have an event at Watkins Colorado Airport next weekend and was planning to leave early even though it would be kinda a long way to Colorado was planning a stop to meet and surprise y'all.

The promoter and staff are all located in and around the Houston area. There was some question if there was going to be an event. I really had to delay until I knew for sure I had to go to Colorado. The staff is able now to get all their equipment out of Houston area to Colorado.

I am in Laramie WY and will make my way to Colorado later this week. Have fun and maybe next time!

Happy Birthday Mary Ray, You beat me by one month!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Looks like it was a great time. Sorry we missed it. Hope to see you folks again soon.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Cagles left yesterday. Another beautiful day on the river bank. The Johns left first thing this morning and our guest of honor Mary Ray left later AM.

A great bunch of folks to meet up with and a new RV park to add to our list of favorites! Thumbs Up

Liz and I will lounge around another day and leave tomorrow mid morning after Memphis rush traffic. We will spend another two nights on our way home.

I am fortunate to be able to spend time with such great people who have become some of my best friends. A Barth GTG is always an excellent time.

Already looking forward to Barthtober and Hillsborough. Join us if you can! Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Had a wonderful Birthday and spent it with some wonderful friends.
Now I am looking forward to Barthtober.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mary! cheers

Sorry to have missed your birthday and a perfect chance to travel south to meet up with good friends in a wonderful RV park on the banks of the mighty Mississippi.

We've been sticking pretty close to home keeping an eye on our centenarian and have only done one very short trip this summer.

Missed seeing you all!

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tonka, I wish everyone could have been there but I understand about responsibilities. Maybe next year!

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mary. Really miss being there. Looks like every one had good time. Our birthday wish for you is to have a great year till your next one. Hope to see you in October.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thank you doorman, am planning on coming to Barthtober.

Mary

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Left Wed AM about 9. Right through Memphis east to Nashville, north to Louisville. Stopped short of Louisville at an RV park near Elizabethtown, KY. Small park near the freeway, easy off easy on. About 350 miles.

Left this morning, north on 65 to Indy, north on 69 back to MI. Staying tonite at the same place near Jackson that we celebrated Mogan David's bday last spring. About 400 miles today.

Tomorrow, stop in Canton for dentist appt, then north, home to Kalkaska tomorrow afternoon. Almost 2000 miles this run.

Looking forward to seeing people at Barthtober.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp