Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2010 Milford GTG 5/13/10 -5/16/10
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Our girls will still be in school so we won't be able to attend.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Since Elkhart is close to Grand Rapids, I may take a side trip to the builders of my engine, Peninsular Diesel.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Dates: Thursday May 13, 2010 to Sunday May 16, 2010

Milford, Indiana area.

I have contacted Elkhart Campground, and Eby Pines Campground. Monday, I will contact Elkhart County Fairgrounds. All of these can handle us those dates and we will select a campground next week. Please check out their websites and give me your input.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
BTW, Nick, I recehecked my map, and it's 23.10 miles from Elkhart to Milford, not 231.0

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
My reservations have been Made!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thumbs Up Elkhart County Fairgrounds for May 13-16, 2010.

I spoke with Tanya Swihart at 574-533-3247. She has set aside 20 spaces for Barthmobile GTG for those dates. The current rates are $24.61 for 30A and $26.75 for 50A. These rates include sales tax. Rates may be adjusted in January.

NO DEPOSIT is required. Just call Tanya and reserve your spot. If you would like to arrive early or stay later, just give them your dates.

SEE YA THERE Tooling Along

Nick & Donna

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
I wish I could make this one consdiering how it's fairly close to me. But considering my graduation ceremony is May 8th, I don't think I would be able to get back to Michigan from Kentucky and get the Barth road worthy by the 13th.

Next one I guess...

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Count us in Nick!....We're packed, driveshaft is greased...We're good-to-go! Big Grin

I spent quite a bit of time in the area......to help flesh it out a little:

For those who may be staying in the area longer, there's the BIG Great Lakes Rally in Berrien Springs MI on May 27-31, about 50 miles away....Over a thousand coaches, lots of exhibits, seminars and entertainment.
FMI: http://www.glassrally.org/

You can't visit the area without a trip to the Shipshewana Flea Market (20mi+/-). Acres & acres of flea market antiques, junque & crafts. It's predominantly Amish, so here's your big chance to pick up a buggy, draft horse or butter churn at great prices. FMI: http://www.tradingplaceamerica.com/fleamarket.php

Mentone IN, (35mi) is national home of the Popular Rotorcraft Association at the local airport - lots of civilian helicopters & gyros on display & in the air. Hometown of Larry Bell (Bell Helicopter), there's a great little museum in town about his life & accomplishments, as well as various rotarywing aircraft on display.
FMI: http://www.bellaircraftmuseum.org/

For gearheads, consider a visit to the the Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg Museum in Auburn IN (40mi)....Some of the most beautiful cars ever produced! FMI: http://www.automobilemuseum.or...t/Pages/default.aspx

And finally, for Nick-the-Host: http://find.mapmuse.com/directory/firewood/in/goshen Roll Eyes

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Count us in Nick!....We're packed, driveshaft is greased...We're good-to-go! Big Grin

And finally, for Nick-the-Host: http://find.mapmuse.com/directory/firewood/in/goshen Roll Eyes
After watching a master at his craft work for a week, there is no way I would embarrass myself with my amateurish abilities. As any good leader would do, I will delegate those duties to a real expert that I will import from the College Park, Md. area. He shall be the Fire CZAR.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Made my reservation today. Big Grin Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Just spent Saturday last week in Shipshewana, About 25 mile from Milford. Nice place, old Amish town. Lots of horse and buggies. Huge old time hardware store. Lots of Quilts and Quality built funiture. Know whre Barths Quality came from. Got together with my sister, brother, niece/nephew and new grand niece for family style meal. they are from Grand Rapids, and this was about half way for us to meet. Worth the 4 Hr drive just for the food. The Amish sure can cook. Great place to put on the schedule for a short drive from Milford. Don't know if can make it on Thur, kids in school. but Barth willing will try to meet everyone on Sat.

doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Can you bring firewood into Indiana or is there a restriction because of beetle infestation?

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Regarding the date for Milford GTG. The first weekend of time trial for the Indy 500 will also be that weekend for any one that might be interested.

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I just made our reservation.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Here is a map of the area we will be in. We have sites 457-476

Nick

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Reservations made 5/12-17.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke